Computer Science Foundations (CSF) by Sphero is a supplemental, standards-aligned curriculum designed to be taught in the classroom with Sphero robots. CSF features three courses, each with their own spiral-bound Educator Guide. Using CSF, teachers and students will explore STEAM principles through creative coding.
CSF features student-facing instructions and pre-loaded blocks for every activity. Teachers can access every lesson in the Sphero Edu app by scanning the QR code or by navigating to the CS Foundations tab under ‘Activities’ in the app. Teachers can then assign individual lessons to each student’s Workbook. Many lessons have pre-loaded blocks so students can start coding right away.
Course 2 features three themes, each theme comprising eight lessons. By the end of Course 2, students will demonstrate a mastery of block programming by manipulating sensors, loops, conditionals, variables, and functions.
Course 2 Content:
Empathy - with their robots and Block programming skills, students will learn to communicate clearly with their partners, offer praise and encouragement, and grow their classroom community.
Story Telling - in this series of Block lessons, students will use their Sphero robots to represent the elements of a story, develop dialogue, retell historical events, and even overcome writer’s block.
Game Design - bring out your inner gamer through a series of lessons designed to develop your Block programming skills—play Bingo, search for hidden treasure and build your own set of dice.
By the end of Course 2 students will be able to:
- Use a series of nested controls—including loops & conditionals—to create more complex programs.
- Be able to use basic comparators & operators in their conditionals.
- Use functions as mini programs to perform a specific task within their larger program.
- Use and manipulate all Sphero sensors to meet appropriate purposes in their programs.
- Explain how variables are used in a program.
- A spiral-bound Course Educator Guide book containing 24 lessons
- A 1 year license to access all digital student-facing materials and content within the Sphero Edu app
Shipping rates Australia wide
|Express Post*||Regular Post||Courier|
|Up to 500 gms||$9.79||$6.75||$15.99|
|Up to 3 kg||$15.00||$11.40||$15.99|
|Up to 5 kg||$30.00||$22.11||NA|
|Above 5 kg
||Estimated at checkout|
Shipping rates to New Zealand
|Australia Post international service|
|Up to 500 gms||$18.00|
|Up to 1 kg||$30.00|
|Above 1 kg
||Available on request|
- How do I estimate shipping for my order?
- Add products in the shopping cart and head to the checkout page to estimate the shipping.
Unless expressly agreed otherwise with you, we will not commence delivery of an order until we have received cleared payment of the purchase price in full.
All orders placed before 11 am AEST (Monday to Friday) will ordinarily be processed on the same day.
We will endeavour to ship the Products by the applicable time indicated on the website, but all times are indicative only. All shipping times are dispatch times only, and actual delivery dates will depend on the shipping method chosen, delivery address and delivery service provider.
Note- Please make a note during purchase if you require any item urgently. However we cannot guarantee that we will be able to comply with any request.
*Go to Australia post delivery time calculation to get various Australia post service in your area please use our shipping postcode Rosanna, 3074 as the "from" address - https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-times.html?ilink=tools-open-deliv-times.
We ship all products throughout mainland Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand - Including Darwin, Melbourne, Sydney, Tasmania, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, all metro and regional areas but do not deliver to areas in Australia where the Australia Post delivery network is not available.
Check Express shipping delivery coverage area at - http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-areas.html
Receipt of deliveries
Deliveries to post office boxes are not permitted where delivery is by courier. If delivery is by courier and nobody is available at the delivery address to accept delivery when delivery is attempted then the courier may either:
- leave the relevant parcel at the unattended address (the courier will do so if specified in your delivery requirements); or
- re-attempt delivery at a later time or date, in which case we may charge you an additional re-delivery fee.
Note that if a delivery is left unattended at the shipping address and is subsequently stolen then the theft is your responsibility, not ours.