Introducing the all-new Climate Action Kit - an integrated package that combines the robotics parts and coding projects from the Energy and Land kits into one comprehensive solution. With the Climate Action Kit, students can take an active role in addressing climate change while gaining valuable digital skills.
Our primary objective with this kit is to encourage and empower students to develop innovative and empathetic solutions to climate change problems. Through the Climate Action Kit, students can explore the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals and understand how they are connected to the climate change crisis. They will be introduced to the background and context of each issue before designing and prototyping a solution using the kit's components and a BBCmicro:bit .
By providing students with hands-on experience, we hope to inspire them to become active participants in the fight against climate change. Our mission is to equip the next generation with the necessary skills and knowledge to make a positive impact on our planet's future.
- Grade Level: 2-12
- Skill Level: Beginner to Intermediate
- Recommend: 1-4 students per kit
- 1 micro:bit required per kit (not included)
- All robotics parts in the kit are designed to be disassembled and reused
- Every kit includes access to InkSmith's online learning platform for Teachers (Educator Guide, Tips & Tricks, curriculum connections, and classroom-ready presentation materials)
With the new Combined Climate Action Kit, you’ll gain access to all 6 coding projects from the previous Land and Energy kits. The new Combined Climate Action Kit contains all the robotic parts you’ll need to complete a variety of different projects related to climate change issues on Land and sustainable energy solutions.
- 1 x Climate Action Globe Breakout Board
- 10 x Alligator Clips
- 1 x DC Water Pump with tubing
- 1 x DC Motor
- 2 x Wheels
- 1 x DC Fan Motor
- 1 x Servo Motor
- 2 x Moisture Sensor
- 1 x Touch Sensor
- 1 x Sonar Sensor
- 1 x Photoresistor Sensor
- 1 x USB Cable
- BBC micro:bit - at least one micro:bit is required to complete each project
- Additional arts and crafts materials for certain projects and extension activities (ex. cardboard, glue, cup, etc.)
- Wind Energy: Explore how wind energy can be harnessed and used as a renewable and sustainable energy solution. Students will use the robotic parts in the kit and find materials to build and code a wind turbine equipped with an RPM counter to measure the turbine’s revolutions and power generation.
- Solar Energy: Learn how the sun affects our environment and how its energy can be harnessed as an amazing renewable energy source. Students will use the robotic parts in the kit and find materials to build and code a simulated solar array that can detect light and move into the optimal position to harness solar energy.
- Electric Vehicles: Discover how traditional combustion engines are affecting our environment and how electric vehicles offer a sustainable method of transportation. Students will also learn about how electric vehicles store energy from the power grid and the future of electric autonomous vehicles. Students will then build and code an electric autonomous vehicle of their own using the robotic parts in the kit and found materials.
- Plants & Pollinators: Understand how pollinators affect the greater ecosystem and impact things like agriculture and climate change. To help track the bee population at their school, students will build and code a monitoring system using the robotic parts in the kit.
- Advanced Agriculture: Learn how sustainable farming practices are helping to combat climate change issues like methane emissions, agricultural run-off, and algae blooms. Students will then build their own hydroponic watering system using the parts in the kit as a solution to sustainably grow plants!
- Deforestation: Discover how the rainforest and biodiversity play an important role in climate change. Students will also learn about innovative ways forests are being replanted around the world. Students will then build and code their own re-forestation solution by constructing a tree seeding machine using the parts in the kit and found materials.
Accessories for your Grove inventor kit:
- Grove Shield for micro:bit v2.0
- USB Powerbank 2000mA (5V) for Microbit/Arduino/Robot/Circuit playground
- Waveshare 4-DOF Metal Robot Arm Kit for micro:bit, Bluetooth version
Grove inventor Starter kit and bundles :
Plug and Play kits
Create climate solutions:
Shipping rates Australia wide and New Zealand
- How do I estimate shipping for my order?
- Add products in the shopping cart and head to the checkout page to estimate the shipping.
Unless expressly agreed otherwise with you, we will not commence delivery of an order until we have received cleared payment of the purchase price in full.
All orders placed before 11 am AEST (Monday to Friday) will ordinarily be processed on the same day.
We will endeavour to ship the Products by the applicable time indicated on the website, but all times are indicative only. All shipping times are dispatch times only, and actual delivery dates will depend on the shipping method chosen, delivery address and delivery service provider.
Note- Please make a note during purchase if you require any item urgently. However we cannot guarantee that we will be able to comply with any request.
*Go to Australia post delivery time calculation to get various Australia post service in your area please use our shipping postcode Thomastown, 3074 as the "from" address - https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-times.html?ilink=tools-open-deliv-times.
We ship all products throughout mainland Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand - Including Darwin, Melbourne, Sydney, Tasmania, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, all metro and regional areas but do not deliver to areas in Australia where the Australia Post delivery network is not available.
Check Express shipping delivery coverage area at - http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-areas.html
Receipt of deliveries
Deliveries to post office boxes are not permitted where delivery is by courier. If delivery is by courier and nobody is available at the delivery address to accept delivery when delivery is attempted then the courier may either:
- leave the relevant parcel at the unattended address (the courier will do so if specified in your delivery requirements); or
- re-attempt delivery at a later time or date, in which case we may charge you an additional re-delivery fee.
Note that if a delivery is left unattended at the shipping address and is subsequently stolen then the theft is your responsibility, not ours.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.