Introducing the Climate Action Kit: A Micro:bit-Powered Inventor's Kit for Students
The Climate Action Kit is a unique inventor's kit powered by micro:bit technology that aims to teach students the basics of coding and robotics while addressing climate change issues. The kit offers purpose-driven learning experiences that enable students to create tangible robotic solutions for real-world environmental problems.
With the Climate Action Kit, students can use the included robotic components to design, prototype, and program their own solutions to significant climate change challenges. By integrating coding and robotics with environmental issues, the kit encourages students to think creatively and explore innovative ways to tackle environmental problems.
Incorporating the Climate Action Kit into the classroom is an excellent way to introduce students to the world of robotics and coding while providing meaningful learning experiences that are relevant to current global issues. With this kit, students can learn about the latest technologies and explore how they can use them to make a positive impact on the world around them.
ABOUT THE ENERGY CLIMATE ACTION KIT
Skill Level: Beginner to Intermediate
The new Energy Climate Action Kit features three modules: Solar Energy, Wind Energy, and Electric Vehicles. Each Climate Action Kit includes a coupon code to access InkSmith's online learning platform filled with tons of classroom-ready resources for educators including interactive Google slide decks and curriculum connections.
Each Climate Action Kit module is broken into two parts - Part A: Background & Context, and Part B: Physical Coding & Computing. Using the module content on InkSmith's online learning platform, educators can guide their students through the background & context of each sustainable energy-related topic. Afterward, students will use the robotic components in the Climate Action Kit and a micro:bit to build a code for the associated sustainable energy project.
- 3 x project-based Modules: Wind Energy, Solar Energy, and Electric Vehicles (including curriculum alignment, teacher guides, and classroom-ready teaching materials)
- Wind Energy Project: Wind Turbine with RPM counter
- Solar Energy Project: Simulated Solar Array that can detect light
- Electric Vehicles project: Autonomous Robotic Car that can avoid obstacles
- 1 x Climate Action Globe Breakout Board
- Robotic Parts for Energy Projects:
- Alligator Clips
- DC Motor + 2 x wheels
- DC Fan Motor
- Photoresistor Sensor
- Servo Motor
- Touch Sensor
- Sonar Sensor
- BBC micro:bit - at least one micro:bit is required to complete each project
- Additional arts and crafts materials for certain projects and extension activities (ex. cardboard, glue, cup, etc.)
Accessories for your Grove inventor kit:
- Grove Shield for micro:bit v2.0
- USB Powerbank 2000mA (5V) for Microbit/Arduino/Robot/Circuit playground
- Waveshare 4-DOF Metal Robot Arm Kit for micro:bit, Bluetooth version
Grove inventor Starter kit and bundles :
Plug and Play kits
Create climate solutions:
Shipping rates Australia wide and New Zealand
- How do I estimate shipping for my order?
- Add products in the shopping cart and head to the checkout page to estimate the shipping.
Unless expressly agreed otherwise with you, we will not commence delivery of an order until we have received cleared payment of the purchase price in full.
All orders placed before 11 am AEST (Monday to Friday) will ordinarily be processed on the same day.
We will endeavour to ship the Products by the applicable time indicated on the website, but all times are indicative only. All shipping times are dispatch times only, and actual delivery dates will depend on the shipping method chosen, delivery address and delivery service provider.
Note- Please make a note during purchase if you require any item urgently. However we cannot guarantee that we will be able to comply with any request.
*Go to Australia post delivery time calculation to get various Australia post service in your area please use our shipping postcode Thomastown, 3074 as the "from" address - https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-times.html?ilink=tools-open-deliv-times.
We ship all products throughout mainland Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand - Including Darwin, Melbourne, Sydney, Tasmania, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, all metro and regional areas but do not deliver to areas in Australia where the Australia Post delivery network is not available.
Check Express shipping delivery coverage area at - http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-areas.html
Receipt of deliveries
Deliveries to post office boxes are not permitted where delivery is by courier. If delivery is by courier and nobody is available at the delivery address to accept delivery when delivery is attempted then the courier may either:
- leave the relevant parcel at the unattended address (the courier will do so if specified in your delivery requirements); or
- re-attempt delivery at a later time or date, in which case we may charge you an additional re-delivery fee.
Note that if a delivery is left unattended at the shipping address and is subsequently stolen then the theft is your responsibility, not ours.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.