Digital Technology Year 7 & 8 with Microbit and Grove inventor kit
Must have school email address to purchase this course!
The Micro:bit is small micro-controller board designed by the BBC for use in computer education in the UK. Study, conducted after they distributed the Micro:bit to year 7 students in the UK, reveals a great deal of improvement in their motivation, participation in STEM subjects and consequently the knowledge level in hands-on learning.
The Micro:bit hardware is the size of a business card and conveniently houses LED matrix, temperature and light sensors, buttons, accelerometer, magnetic compass and Bluetooth communication modules. However, the Grove Inventor Kit extends a Micro:bit's capabilities by addition of sensors, speaker and display devices and let you create projects mimicking real-life systems.
Grove is an eco-system of electronic modules - sensors, actuators, display and audio devices. The modules are suitable for any micro-controller based system and hence can be used with platforms like Arduino, RaspberryPi or Micro:bit with the help of an appropriate 'Grove Shield'. You can read more about Grove system from www.pakronics.com.au/grove
This course on Micro:bit is an advanced sequel of Micro:bit Beginners' course and extends the learning beyond Micro:bit hardware to use of add-on components.
Course is ideal for:
- School students (Year 5 – 10)
- having prior introduction to programming, microcontrollers or electronics
- Hardware - Micro:bit board with USB cable
- Grove Inventor kit
- Computer with internet connectivity
This course is designed to extend your learning with Micro:bit beyond the built-in hardware and enable you to interface external electronic modules with Micro:bit. After completing this course, participant would be able to:
- Familiarise themselves with Grove Inventor Kit for Micro:bit hardware components / features (display, input and sensors)
- Comprehend the working principles of various sensors available in the kit
- Create program using online Block Editor software and test them online
- Program the Micro:bit with code created online to make meaningful real-life applications using additional electronic components.
In this beginner level course on Microbit, the participants will learn about:
- Micro:bit overview - Hardware features, Programming tools and procedure
- Overview of the electronic modules available in the kit
- Introductory exercises to play with available modules
- Project ideas like - temperature monitor, Light operated switch, reverse parking assistant etc.
- 12 Hours
Shipping rates Australia wide
|Express Post*||Regular Post||Courier|
|Up to 500 gms||$10.89||$6.59||$20|
|Up to 3 kg||$16.39||$11.43||$25|
|Up to 5 kg||$32.89||$22||NA|
|Above 5 kg
||Estimated at checkout|
Shipping rates to New Zealand
|Australia Post international service|
|Up to 500 gms||$18.00|
|Up to 1 kg||$30.00|
|Above 1 kg
||Available on request|
- How do I estimate shipping for my order?
- Add products in the shopping cart and head to the checkout page to estimate the shipping.
Unless expressly agreed otherwise with you, we will not commence delivery of an order until we have received cleared payment of the purchase price in full.
All orders placed before 11 am AEST (Monday to Friday) will ordinarily be processed on the same day.
We will endeavour to ship the Products by the applicable time indicated on the website, but all times are indicative only. All shipping times are dispatch times only, and actual delivery dates will depend on the shipping method chosen, delivery address and delivery service provider.
Note- Please make a note during purchase if you require any item urgently. However we cannot guarantee that we will be able to comply with any request.
*Go to Australia post delivery time calculation to get various Australia post service in your area please use our shipping postcode Rosanna, 3074 as the "from" address - https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-times.html?ilink=tools-open-deliv-times.
We ship all products throughout mainland Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand - Including Darwin, Melbourne, Sydney, Tasmania, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, all metro and regional areas but do not deliver to areas in Australia where the Australia Post delivery network is not available.
Check Express shipping delivery coverage area at - http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-areas.html
Receipt of deliveries
Deliveries to post office boxes are not permitted where delivery is by courier. If delivery is by courier and nobody is available at the delivery address to accept delivery when delivery is attempted then the courier may either:
- leave the relevant parcel at the unattended address (the courier will do so if specified in your delivery requirements); or
- re-attempt delivery at a later time or date, in which case we may charge you an additional re-delivery fee.
Note that if a delivery is left unattended at the shipping address and is subsequently stolen then the theft is your responsibility, not ours.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.