Frustrated with traditional third hands? Want a more adaptable tool? Love Doctor Octopus? Search no more! We present the ultra-fancy Third Hand Kit. The Third Hand Kit comes with 4 bendable arms which can easily be positioned and are stiff enough to stay in place. Alligator clips are securely attached to the end of the arms using thread locker. There are both small and large clips which allow you to easily clip wires, circuits boards, electronics components and even screws. This is a versatile fully assembled tool from Hobby Creek that will help you tackle your projects with ease and improved efficiency!
Please note: The color of the adjustable arms may vary
- Heavy Aluminum base for easy positioning
- 2 pockets in Aluminum base to hold loose components
- Rubber feet to prevent slipping
- 4 Large alligator clips for various sized components and boards
- Alligator clips have a heat shrink covering to prevent marring
- Alligator clips are securely attached using thread locker
- 8 threaded sockets in base for more arms or a different configuration
- As of November 11th 2016, this now comes with:
- 4 Flexible Swivel Arms (The alligator clips on the end of each arm now swivel 360 degrees!)
- Updated rubber Gaskets
- Polished raw aluminum look finish
Note: Shipping weight reflects UPS' new dimensional weight regulations.
- Base Dimensions: 150mm x 100mm x 12mm / 5.9" x 3.9" x 0.5"
- Arm Diameter: 16mm / 0.6"
- Arm Length (including clip): 350mm / 13.8"
- Weight: 470g
As of June 18th, 2015 this product now comes with 4 large clips instead of 2 large clips and 2 small clips.
The base is CNC machined from a billet of 6061 aluminum. Every feature is machined to a tolerance of plus or minus five thousandths of an inch. They then blend the surface of the material by bead blasting them to a matte finish. Finally the parts are clear anodized for a durable finish. The base is proudly manufactured in the USA.
For product support, replacement parts and warranty for all Hobby Creek products, click here!
Shipping rates Australia wide
|Express Post*||Regular Post||Courier|
|Up to 500 gms||$13.09||$8||$20|
|Up to 3 kg||$16.39||$11.43||$25|
|Up to 5 kg||$32.89||$22||NA|
|Above 5 kg
||Estimated at checkout|
Shipping rates to New Zealand
|Australia Post international service|
|Up to 500 gms||$18.00|
|Up to 1 kg||$30.00|
|Above 1 kg
||Available on request|
- How do I estimate shipping for my order?
- Add products in the shopping cart and head to the checkout page to estimate the shipping.
Unless expressly agreed otherwise with you, we will not commence delivery of an order until we have received cleared payment of the purchase price in full.
All orders placed before 11 am AEST (Monday to Friday) will ordinarily be processed on the same day.
We will endeavour to ship the Products by the applicable time indicated on the website, but all times are indicative only. All shipping times are dispatch times only, and actual delivery dates will depend on the shipping method chosen, delivery address and delivery service provider.
Note- Please make a note during purchase if you require any item urgently. However we cannot guarantee that we will be able to comply with any request.
*Go to Australia post delivery time calculation to get various Australia post service in your area please use our shipping postcode Rosanna, 3074 as the "from" address - https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-times.html?ilink=tools-open-deliv-times.
We ship all products throughout mainland Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand - Including Darwin, Melbourne, Sydney, Tasmania, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, all metro and regional areas but do not deliver to areas in Australia where the Australia Post delivery network is not available.
Check Express shipping delivery coverage area at - http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-areas.html
Receipt of deliveries
Deliveries to post office boxes are not permitted where delivery is by courier. If delivery is by courier and nobody is available at the delivery address to accept delivery when delivery is attempted then the courier may either:
- leave the relevant parcel at the unattended address (the courier will do so if specified in your delivery requirements); or
- re-attempt delivery at a later time or date, in which case we may charge you an additional re-delivery fee.
Note that if a delivery is left unattended at the shipping address and is subsequently stolen then the theft is your responsibility, not ours.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.