With WiFi, BLE and cellular LTE CAT M1/NB1, the Pycom GPy is a triple-bearer MicroPython enabled micro controller - the perfect enterprise grade IoT platform for your connected Things. Create and connect your things everywhere, fast.
Imagine three networks in one perfectly-formed, same-small-foot-print-as-WiPy-LoPy-FiPy-and-SiPy, IoT development board. MicroPython enabled. GPy includes WiFi, Bluetooth LE and dual LTE-M (CAT M1 and NBIoT). That means you get a hat-trick of low/medium/long range transports. BLE is great for local and mobile communication, WiFi when you want free medium range data, and cellular LTE for use-anywhere long range.
This one-of-a-kind board gives you full flexibility during testing, install, deployment and even later when you want to switch real-time your airtime network provider. You can switch when the time is right for you or set some parameters that will do so automatically. The GPy has a built-in operating system that supports MicroPython, the lightweight cousin of the Python programming language. You can use this board as is, or develop your application, then minimize the design with one of the smaller and simpler Pycom boards (if, say, you realize you don't need LTE cellular)
Comes with just the dev board. You'll need an antenna for LTE usage. The WiFi/BLE (which has a ceramic antenna built in). Using LTE/cellular without an antenna can damage the board!
- LTE Cellular Antenna
- 2.4 GHz Antennas (for WiFi) - not required but will get you much better range than the built-in antenna
For LTE you'll also need a SIM card with data that can go on an LTE network.
- Size: 55mm x 20mm x 3.5mm (Without Headers)
- Weight: 7g
- For product support you can contact Pycom here
- Powerful CPU
- Three networks: WiFi, BLE, and cellular LTE-CAT M1/NB1
- 1KM WiFi range
- MicroPython enabled
- Fits in a standard breadboard (with headers)
- Ultra-low power usage: a fraction compared to other connected microcontrollers
- Open source firmware
- Espressif ESP32 SoC
- Dual processor and WiFi radio system on chip
- Networking processor handles the WiFi connectivity and the IPv6 stack
- Main processor is entirely free to run the user application
- An extra ULP-coprocessor that can monitor GPIOs, the ADC channels and control most of the internal peripherals during deep-sleep mode while only consuming 25uA
- 2 x UART, 2 x SPI, I2C, micro SD card
- Analog channels: 8×12 bit ADCs, 2×8 bit DAC
- Timers: 2×64 bit with PWM with up to 16 channels
- DMA on all peripherals
- GPIO: Up to 22
Hash / Encryption
SHA, MD5, DES, AES
- 802.11b/b/n 16mbps
- Low energy and classic
- Running at 32KHz
Security & Certifications
- SSL/TLS support up to 1.2
- WPA Enterprise security
- AES encryption engine
- RAM: 4MB
- Flash Memory: 8MB
- GPIO: Up to 22
- Hardware floating point acceleration
- Python multi-threading
- Voltage Input: 3.3V – 5.5V
- 3v3 output capable of sourcing up to 400mA
LTE-M Operating Frequencies
- 4 bands supports from 699Mhz to 2690Mhz (Total world-wide support)
- One single chip for both CAT M1 and NB1 (yes, only one chip)
- 3GPP release 13 LTE Advanced Pro
- Supports narrowband LTE UE categories M1/NB1
- Integrated baseband, RF, RAM memory and power management
- Reduced Tx power class option
- Peak power estimations: TX current = 420mA peak @1.5Watt RX current = 330mA peak @1.2Watt
- Data rates:
- 300 kbps DL
- 375 kbps UL (LTE Cat M1 in 1.4 Mhz, HD-FDD)
- 40 kbps DL
- 55 kbps UL (LTE Cat M2 in 200 kHz, HD-FDD)
Ports for LTE Bands
Low bands 5, 8, 12, 13, 18, 19, 20, 28
699 to 915 MHz
729 to 960 MHz
Mid bands 1, 2, 3, 4
1710 to 1980MHz
1805 to 2170 MHz
- Up to 1km range
- 802.11b/g/n 16mbps
- Power: 12mA in active mode, 5uA in standby
Shipping rates Australia wide and New Zealand
- How do I estimate shipping for my order?
- Add products in the shopping cart and head to the checkout page to estimate the shipping.
Unless expressly agreed otherwise with you, we will not commence delivery of an order until we have received cleared payment of the purchase price in full.
All orders placed before 11 am AEST (Monday to Friday) will ordinarily be processed on the same day.
We will endeavour to ship the Products by the applicable time indicated on the website, but all times are indicative only. All shipping times are dispatch times only, and actual delivery dates will depend on the shipping method chosen, delivery address and delivery service provider.
Note- Please make a note during purchase if you require any item urgently. However we cannot guarantee that we will be able to comply with any request.
*Go to Australia post delivery time calculation to get various Australia post service in your area please use our shipping postcode Thomastown, 3074 as the "from" address - https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-times.html?ilink=tools-open-deliv-times.
We ship all products throughout mainland Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand - Including Darwin, Melbourne, Sydney, Tasmania, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, all metro and regional areas but do not deliver to areas in Australia where the Australia Post delivery network is not available.
Check Express shipping delivery coverage area at - http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-areas.html
Receipt of deliveries
Deliveries to post office boxes are not permitted where delivery is by courier. If delivery is by courier and nobody is available at the delivery address to accept delivery when delivery is attempted then the courier may either:
- leave the relevant parcel at the unattended address (the courier will do so if specified in your delivery requirements); or
- re-attempt delivery at a later time or date, in which case we may charge you an additional re-delivery fee.
Note that if a delivery is left unattended at the shipping address and is subsequently stolen then the theft is your responsibility, not ours.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.