For precision temperature sensing, nothing beats a Platinum RTD. Resistance temperature detectors (RTDs) are temperature sensors that contain a resistor that changes resistance value as its temperature changes, basically a kind of thermistor. In this sensor, the resistor is actually a small strip of Platinum with a resistance of 1000 ohms at 0°C, thus the name PT1000. Compared to most NTC/PTC thermistors, the PT type of RTD is much most stable and precise (but also more expensive) PT1000's have been used to measure temperature in laboratory and industrial processes, and have developed a reputation for accuracy (better than thermocouples), repeatability, and stability.
This high-temperature PT1000 sensor is equipped with a 316L stainless steel shield (try saying that five times fast!) that is good for up to 550°C.
- Based on resistance measurement principles
- Resistor material is Platinum with a value of 1000 ohm at temperature 0°C
- Platinum has a positive resistance temperature factor; resistance increases with rising temperature
- Resistance variation is a function of temperature: 3.85Ω/°C nominal
- High accuracy and stability compared to thermocouples, silicon-based temperature sensors, or thermistors
Each sensor comes with three wires. Two of the wires connect to either side of the platinum resistor like you'd expect. The third wire is also connected to one end of the PT1000. If your RTD amplifier supports 3-wire sensors, it will drive the resistor with the first two wires, and measure the voltage differences so that it can subtract any voltage drop from the wires. If your RTD amplifier only has 2-wire support simply leave the third wire disconnected.
- 316L Stainless steel capsule: 4mm diameter by ~30mm long (size of stainless steel capsule may vary!)
- Cable is approx 1m / 100cm long
- diameter is 2.8mm
- Contains PT1000 temperature sensor
- Three wires with terminal prong ends
PT1000 RTD and matching Amp board
The items arrived in good time. Initially readings were erratic but after a lot of searching and trouble shooting found that you should not use fly leads for SPI between amp and arduino. Readings are now rock-solid. Will proceed with installation.
Shipping rates Australia wide and New Zealand
- How do I estimate shipping for my order?
- Add products in the shopping cart and head to the checkout page to estimate the shipping.
Unless expressly agreed otherwise with you, we will not commence delivery of an order until we have received cleared payment of the purchase price in full.
All orders placed before 11 am AEST (Monday to Friday) will ordinarily be processed on the same day.
We will endeavour to ship the Products by the applicable time indicated on the website, but all times are indicative only. All shipping times are dispatch times only, and actual delivery dates will depend on the shipping method chosen, delivery address and delivery service provider.
Note- Please make a note during purchase if you require any item urgently. However we cannot guarantee that we will be able to comply with any request.
*Go to Australia post delivery time calculation to get various Australia post service in your area please use our shipping postcode Thomastown, 3074 as the "from" address - https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-times.html?ilink=tools-open-deliv-times.
We ship all products throughout mainland Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand - Including Darwin, Melbourne, Sydney, Tasmania, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, all metro and regional areas but do not deliver to areas in Australia where the Australia Post delivery network is not available.
Check Express shipping delivery coverage area at - http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-areas.html
Receipt of deliveries
Deliveries to post office boxes are not permitted where delivery is by courier. If delivery is by courier and nobody is available at the delivery address to accept delivery when delivery is attempted then the courier may either:
- leave the relevant parcel at the unattended address (the courier will do so if specified in your delivery requirements); or
- re-attempt delivery at a later time or date, in which case we may charge you an additional re-delivery fee.
Note that if a delivery is left unattended at the shipping address and is subsequently stolen then the theft is your responsibility, not ours.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.