Yes, this is an adorable small television! The visible display measures only 3.5" (8.9cm) diagonal, the TFT comes with a NTSC/PAL driver board. The display is very easy to use - simply connect 6-12VDC to the red (+) and black (-) wires, then connect a composite video source to the RCA connectors. Voila, a television display! There's three little buttons that let you enter a menu system for adjusting brightness, color and contrast. The cable has two composite plugs, AV1 and AV2. AV1 is the default and if AV2 goes 'live' it replaces AV1. Be sure to try both RCA inputs if one doesn't show up at first.
To demonstrate it, we took some photos with the display connected to a Raspberry Pi, but it will also work connected to any analog composite-video output such as a YBox or Propeller w/Video out. It will not work with a device that only outputs VGA, HDMI or any other digital video signal.
Please note, these miniature displays are very delicate and require care to avoid ripping the delicate flex connector. These are best used by electronics geeks who have experience and are comfortable working with delicate electronic components. WE CANNOT REPLACE DAMAGED DISPLAYS if you are not careful and rip the flex connector!
- Power with 6-12VDC only into onboard buck converter
- 150mA power draw at 12V, 350mA at 6V
- Control board measures 70mm x 52mm x 11.15mm
- Visible display dimensions: 70.08mm horizontal x 52.56mm vertical
- Resolution: 320 RGB wide x 240 high
- Dot pitch: 0.219 mm wide x 0.219 mm high
- Display metal case dimensions: 76.9mm x 63.9mm x 3.3mm
- The display weighs 48 grams.
We have the raw CLAA035QVA01 Display Datasheet which can tell you more about the display itself (but not the control board)
- Sept 4, 2014 - The manufacture has changed the design of the driver, it now uses a new chipset but is functionally identical.
Shipping rates Australia wide and New Zealand
- How do I estimate shipping for my order?
- Add products in the shopping cart and head to the checkout page to estimate the shipping.
Unless expressly agreed otherwise with you, we will not commence delivery of an order until we have received cleared payment of the purchase price in full.
All orders placed before 11 am AEST (Monday to Friday) will ordinarily be processed on the same day.
We will endeavour to ship the Products by the applicable time indicated on the website, but all times are indicative only. All shipping times are dispatch times only, and actual delivery dates will depend on the shipping method chosen, delivery address and delivery service provider.
Note- Please make a note during purchase if you require any item urgently. However we cannot guarantee that we will be able to comply with any request.
*Go to Australia post delivery time calculation to get various Australia post service in your area please use our shipping postcode Thomastown, 3074 as the "from" address - https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-times.html?ilink=tools-open-deliv-times.
We ship all products throughout mainland Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand - Including Darwin, Melbourne, Sydney, Tasmania, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, all metro and regional areas but do not deliver to areas in Australia where the Australia Post delivery network is not available.
Check Express shipping delivery coverage area at - http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-areas.html
Receipt of deliveries
Deliveries to post office boxes are not permitted where delivery is by courier. If delivery is by courier and nobody is available at the delivery address to accept delivery when delivery is attempted then the courier may either:
- leave the relevant parcel at the unattended address (the courier will do so if specified in your delivery requirements); or
- re-attempt delivery at a later time or date, in which case we may charge you an additional re-delivery fee.
Note that if a delivery is left unattended at the shipping address and is subsequently stolen then the theft is your responsibility, not ours.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.