LOLwut? NeoPixels in 5mm through-hole variety? Oh yes, we haz them! If you like NeoPixel strips you'll luv these 5mm diffused through-hole NeoPixels. All the single-pin-controlling-hundreds-of-LEDs goodness in a breadboard friendly format. Each LED looks just like a shorter version of the classic through-hole 5mm RGB LED with 4 legs, but instead of just red/green/blue there's a little chip inside that can control the LED with high speed PWM for 24-bit color.
These are the diffused type instead of the Neopixel Clear 5mm LEDs. They look a lot like the 8mm variety but are smaller.
Power them with 5V and chain them together, tying the Data-Out pin of one to the Data-in of the previous one in the chain. If you're using an Arduino, you can control these LEDs with our wonderfully-written Neopixel library for Arduino. They also work great with our Trinkets. Note that these are "RGB" instead of "GRB" format used in the 5050-sized LEDs you are so used to. Check in the NeoPixel example code for how to swap the colors automagically.
These great looking LEDs are also fast and responsive with a milky-diffusing lens for a soft look.
- As of Feb 14, 2021 - we are shipping a slightly different, but physically compatible version. The new version does not have a 'blue flicker' on startup like before, it stays off until data is received. Current per LED is 12mA max instead of 18mA. The shape, pins, and pin-out are identical, however the color and brightness may be slightly different and noticeable if the two versions are next to each other.
- Weight: 0.3g
- WS2812 Datasheet
- SK6812 Datasheet
- May ship with either WS2812B or SK6812-based LEDs. They are the same brightness, color and protocol
We don't have a datasheet for the LEDs themselves yet, see the photos above for the pinouts.
The leads are flexible. The spacing starts at 1.1mm (0.04") but we were able to bend them as needed.
Review of multi coloured LED
Service was great. Product as ordered
Shipping rates Australia wide and New Zealand
- How do I estimate shipping for my order?
- Add products in the shopping cart and head to the checkout page to estimate the shipping.
Unless expressly agreed otherwise with you, we will not commence delivery of an order until we have received cleared payment of the purchase price in full.
All orders placed before 11 am AEST (Monday to Friday) will ordinarily be processed on the same day.
We will endeavour to ship the Products by the applicable time indicated on the website, but all times are indicative only. All shipping times are dispatch times only, and actual delivery dates will depend on the shipping method chosen, delivery address and delivery service provider.
Note- Please make a note during purchase if you require any item urgently. However we cannot guarantee that we will be able to comply with any request.
*Go to Australia post delivery time calculation to get various Australia post service in your area please use our shipping postcode Thomastown, 3074 as the "from" address - https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-times.html?ilink=tools-open-deliv-times.
We ship all products throughout mainland Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand - Including Darwin, Melbourne, Sydney, Tasmania, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, all metro and regional areas but do not deliver to areas in Australia where the Australia Post delivery network is not available.
Check Express shipping delivery coverage area at - http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-areas.html
Receipt of deliveries
Deliveries to post office boxes are not permitted where delivery is by courier. If delivery is by courier and nobody is available at the delivery address to accept delivery when delivery is attempted then the courier may either:
- leave the relevant parcel at the unattended address (the courier will do so if specified in your delivery requirements); or
- re-attempt delivery at a later time or date, in which case we may charge you an additional re-delivery fee.
Note that if a delivery is left unattended at the shipping address and is subsequently stolen then the theft is your responsibility, not ours.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.