"Take a byte of the micro:bit!"
This book is for everyone! It's for kids (and parents) who want to learn how to program their own simple games and gadgets using the BBC micro:bit. It's also for serious hardware hobbyists who want an inexpensive microcontroller with a built-in LED display. Or for Internet of Things nerds who want an inexpensive, remote programmable Bluetooth node.
After whizzing through this very approachable book, you'll learn:
- How to connect your micro:bit to another device like a smart phone -- or even another micro:bit
- How advanced hardware makes the micro:bit work
- How to write text using LEDs and read from the onboard accelerometer
- How to connect the micro:bit to a motor controller and make a mini-bot!
- Introduction to the micro:bit
- A Tour of the micro:bit
- Programming Using MicroPython
- Some Basic Projects
- The mbed Operating System
- Interfacing with the GPIO Pins
- Using Bluetooth
- Serial Bluetooth Communications and the micro:bit
- The Story of the micro:bit
- Other Programming Environments
You will have so much fun understanding micro:bit's software and diving into coding and programming!
More advanced than the title Getting Started with the micro:bitt
The book is useful and more detailed than the title. It focuses on Micropython and C++ although it is easy to use the micro:bit simply with the Makecode Block Editor. This book is for the more advanced programmers.
Shipping rates Australia wide and New Zealand
- How do I estimate shipping for my order?
- Add products in the shopping cart and head to the checkout page to estimate the shipping.
Unless expressly agreed otherwise with you, we will not commence delivery of an order until we have received cleared payment of the purchase price in full.
All orders placed before 11 am AEST (Monday to Friday) will ordinarily be processed on the same day.
We will endeavour to ship the Products by the applicable time indicated on the website, but all times are indicative only. All shipping times are dispatch times only, and actual delivery dates will depend on the shipping method chosen, delivery address and delivery service provider.
Note- Please make a note during purchase if you require any item urgently. However we cannot guarantee that we will be able to comply with any request.
*Go to Australia post delivery time calculation to get various Australia post service in your area please use our shipping postcode Thomastown, 3074 as the "from" address - https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-times.html?ilink=tools-open-deliv-times.
We ship all products throughout mainland Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand - Including Darwin, Melbourne, Sydney, Tasmania, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, all metro and regional areas but do not deliver to areas in Australia where the Australia Post delivery network is not available.
Check Express shipping delivery coverage area at - http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-areas.html
Receipt of deliveries
Deliveries to post office boxes are not permitted where delivery is by courier. If delivery is by courier and nobody is available at the delivery address to accept delivery when delivery is attempted then the courier may either:
- leave the relevant parcel at the unattended address (the courier will do so if specified in your delivery requirements); or
- re-attempt delivery at a later time or date, in which case we may charge you an additional re-delivery fee.
Note that if a delivery is left unattended at the shipping address and is subsequently stolen then the theft is your responsibility, not ours.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.