Crazyradio PA is a long range open USB radio dongle based on the nRF24LU1+ from Nordic Semiconductor. It features a 20dBm power amplifier, LNA and comes pre-programmed with Crazyflie compatible firmware. The power amplifier boosts the range, giving a range of more than 1km (line of sight) together with the Crazyflie 2.0 and above 2km Crazyradio PA to Crazyradio PA (line of sight).
The Crazyradio PA is not only for usage together with the Crazyflie and Crazyflie 2.0. Since it's an open project with firmware written from scratch and a Python API for usage it's great building block for systems that require longer range than WiFi and doesn't have the same requirements for bandwidth. The hardware comes shipped with the latest firmware as well as a bootloader that enables firmware upgrades via USB without any additional hardware needed.
The Crazyflie PA is compatible with the first generation of the Crazyflie, but will not give the same range increase as with the Crazyflie 2.0.
- Radio power amplifier giving 20dBm output power
- > 1km range LOS with Crazyflie 2.0
- 2x5 2.54mm header for prototyping (not mounted)
- Hardware support for PPM
- Same mechanical footprint as the first generation Crazyradio
- Open source firmware
- Firmware upgrade via USB
- Low latency
- Based on nRF24LU1+ chip from Nordic Semiconductor
- 8051 MCU at up to 16MHz with 32Kb flash and 2Kb SRAM
- 2.4GHz ISM band radio
- USB device peripheral
- 125 radio channels
- 2Mbps, 1Mbps and 250Kps communication data-rate
- Sends and receives data packets of up to 32 bytes payload
- Automatically handles addresses and packet ack
- Hardware SPI and UART
- Combatible with Enhanced ShockBurst protocol from Nordic Semiconductor
- Radio specification:
- 20dBm output power (100mW)
- Low Noise Amplifier (LNA)
- RP-SMA connector
- Can be powered with up to 13V via expansion header
- 2x5 2.54mm expansion header with following signals (not mounted):
- Hardware support for PPM input
- Up to 13V input power
- Standard USB-A connector
- Weight: 6g
- Size (WxHxD): 58x16x6.5mm (including connectors)
- 1 x Crazyradio PA
- 1 x Duck antenna 2dBi
Shipping rates Australia wide
|Express Post*||Regular Post||Courier|
|Up to 500 gms||$10.89||$6.59||$20|
|Up to 3 kg||$16.39||$11.43||$25|
|Up to 5 kg||$32.89||$22||NA|
|Above 5 kg
||Estimated at checkout|
Shipping rates to New Zealand
|Australia Post international service|
|Up to 500 gms||$18.00|
|Up to 1 kg||$30.00|
|Above 1 kg
||Available on request|
- How do I estimate shipping for my order?
- Add products in the shopping cart and head to the checkout page to estimate the shipping.
Unless expressly agreed otherwise with you, we will not commence delivery of an order until we have received cleared payment of the purchase price in full.
All orders placed before 11 am AEST (Monday to Friday) will ordinarily be processed on the same day.
We will endeavour to ship the Products by the applicable time indicated on the website, but all times are indicative only. All shipping times are dispatch times only, and actual delivery dates will depend on the shipping method chosen, delivery address and delivery service provider.
Note- Please make a note during purchase if you require any item urgently. However we cannot guarantee that we will be able to comply with any request.
*Go to Australia post delivery time calculation to get various Australia post service in your area please use our shipping postcode Rosanna, 3074 as the "from" address - https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-times.html?ilink=tools-open-deliv-times.
We ship all products throughout mainland Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand - Including Darwin, Melbourne, Sydney, Tasmania, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, all metro and regional areas but do not deliver to areas in Australia where the Australia Post delivery network is not available.
Check Express shipping delivery coverage area at - http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-areas.html
Receipt of deliveries
Deliveries to post office boxes are not permitted where delivery is by courier. If delivery is by courier and nobody is available at the delivery address to accept delivery when delivery is attempted then the courier may either:
- leave the relevant parcel at the unattended address (the courier will do so if specified in your delivery requirements); or
- re-attempt delivery at a later time or date, in which case we may charge you an additional re-delivery fee.
Note that if a delivery is left unattended at the shipping address and is subsequently stolen then the theft is your responsibility, not ours.