Circuit Playground Express Base Kit!
It provides the few things you'll need to get started with the new Circuit Playground Express. This version of Circuit Playground is super powered, and will work with Microsoft MakeCode, CircuitPython or Arduino IDE. If you are looking for our original, Arduino-only Circuit Playground, check out the Circuit Playground Classic.
You can use Circuit Playground Express with code.org CS Discoveries, but we recommend this code.org Individual Pack which has the alligator clips and LEDs you'll need to follow all the lessons.
- Circuit Playground Express
- USB cable - A/MicroB - 3ft
- 3 x Alkaline AAA batteries
- 3 x AAA Battery Holder with On/Off Switch, JST, and Belt Clip
About Circuit Playground Express:
Because you can program the same board in 3 different ways - the Express has great value and re-usability. From beginners to experts, Circuit Playground Express has something for everyone. If you are looking for our original, Arduino-only Circuit Playground, check out the Circuit Playground Classic.
Here's some of the great goodies baked into each Circuit Playground:
- 10 x mini NeoPixels, each one can display any color
- 1 x Motion sensor (LIS3DH triple-axis accelerometer with tap detection, free-fall detection)
- 1 x Temperature sensor (thermistor)
- 1 x Light sensor (phototransistor). Can also act as a color sensor and pulse sensor.
- 1 x Sound sensor (MEMS microphone)
- 1 x Mini speaker with class D amplifier (7.5mm magnetic speaker/buzzer)
- 2 x Push buttons, labeled A and B
- 1 x Slide switch
- Infrared receiver and transmitter - can receive and transmit any remote control codes, as well as send messages between Circuit Playground Expresses. Can also act as a proximity sensor.
- 8 x alligator-clip friendly input/output pins
- Includes I2C, UART, 8 pins that can do analog inputs, multiple PWM output
- 7 pads can act as capacitive touch inputs and the 1 remaining is a true analog output
- Green "ON" LED so you know its powered
- Red "#13" LED for basic blinking
- Reset button
- ATSAMD21 ARM Cortex M0 Processor, running at 3.3V and 48MHz
- 2 MB of SPI Flash storage, used primarily with CircuitPython to store code and libraries.
- MicroUSB port for programming and debugging
- USB port can act like serial port, keyboard, mouse, joystick or MIDI!
Shipping rates Australia wide
|Express Post*||Regular Post||Courier|
|Up to 500 gms||$10.89||$6.59||$20|
|Up to 3 kg||$16.39||$11.43||$25|
|Up to 5 kg||$32.89||$22||NA|
|Above 5 kg
||Estimated at checkout|
Shipping rates to New Zealand
|Australia Post international service|
|Up to 500 gms||$18.00|
|Up to 1 kg||$30.00|
|Above 1 kg
||Available on request|
- How do I estimate shipping for my order?
- Add products in the shopping cart and head to the checkout page to estimate the shipping.
Unless expressly agreed otherwise with you, we will not commence delivery of an order until we have received cleared payment of the purchase price in full.
All orders placed before 11 am AEST (Monday to Friday) will ordinarily be processed on the same day.
We will endeavour to ship the Products by the applicable time indicated on the website, but all times are indicative only. All shipping times are dispatch times only, and actual delivery dates will depend on the shipping method chosen, delivery address and delivery service provider.
Note- Please make a note during purchase if you require any item urgently. However we cannot guarantee that we will be able to comply with any request.
*Go to Australia post delivery time calculation to get various Australia post service in your area please use our shipping postcode Rosanna, 3074 as the "from" address - https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-times.html?ilink=tools-open-deliv-times.
We ship all products throughout mainland Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand - Including Darwin, Melbourne, Sydney, Tasmania, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, all metro and regional areas but do not deliver to areas in Australia where the Australia Post delivery network is not available.
Check Express shipping delivery coverage area at - http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-areas.html
Receipt of deliveries
Deliveries to post office boxes are not permitted where delivery is by courier. If delivery is by courier and nobody is available at the delivery address to accept delivery when delivery is attempted then the courier may either:
- leave the relevant parcel at the unattended address (the courier will do so if specified in your delivery requirements); or
- re-attempt delivery at a later time or date, in which case we may charge you an additional re-delivery fee.
Note that if a delivery is left unattended at the shipping address and is subsequently stolen then the theft is your responsibility, not ours.