Bus Pirate v4 vs v3 comparison
|Feature||Bus Pirate v4||Bus Pirate v3|
|Dependability||Experimental, new||Well proven, trustworthy|
|Support & development||Active!||Active!|
|Program space (flash)||256K (262144 b)||64K (65536 bytes)|
|USB connection||PIC integrated USB||FTDI USB to serial chip|
|IO pins||7 IO + accessories||5 IO + accessories|
|Settings storage, built-in demo EEPROM||4K||n/a|
|Pull-up resistor supply||3.3V, 5V, external||external only|
|AVR programmer (STK500v2)*||integrated||external firmware|
|XSVF player (JTAG)*||integrated||external firmware|
- USB interface, USB powered
- 5volt tolerant pins
- 0-6volt measurement probe
- 1Hz-40MHz frequency measurement
- 1kHz-4MHz pulse-width modulator, frequency generator
- On-board multi-voltage pull-up resistors
- On-board 3.3volt and 5volt power supplies with software reset
- Macros for common operations
- Bus traffic sniffers (SPI, I2C)
- Transparent USB to serial bridge mode
- 10Hz-1MHz low-speed logic analyzer
- Custom support in AVRDUDE , Flashrom , OpenOCD
- AVR STK500 v2 programmer clone
- Scriptable from Perl, Python, etc.
- A bootloader for easy USB firmware updates
- Uses DP6037 standard PCB layout
- Open source (CC 0/Public Domain)
Shipping rates Australia wide
|Express Post*||Regular Post||Courier|
|Up to 500 gms||$10.89||$6.59||$20|
|Up to 3 kg||$16.39||$11.43||$25|
|Up to 5 kg||$32.89||$22||NA|
|Above 5 kg
||Estimated at checkout|
Shipping rates to New Zealand
|Australia Post international service|
|Up to 500 gms||$18.00|
|Up to 1 kg||$30.00|
|Above 1 kg
||Available on request|
- How do I estimate shipping for my order?
- Add products in the shopping cart and head to the checkout page to estimate the shipping.
Unless expressly agreed otherwise with you, we will not commence delivery of an order until we have received cleared payment of the purchase price in full.
All orders placed before 11 am AEST (Monday to Friday) will ordinarily be processed on the same day.
We will endeavour to ship the Products by the applicable time indicated on the website, but all times are indicative only. All shipping times are dispatch times only, and actual delivery dates will depend on the shipping method chosen, delivery address and delivery service provider.
Note- Please make a note during purchase if you require any item urgently. However we cannot guarantee that we will be able to comply with any request.
*Go to Australia post delivery time calculation to get various Australia post service in your area please use our shipping postcode Rosanna, 3074 as the "from" address - https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-times.html?ilink=tools-open-deliv-times.
We ship all products throughout mainland Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand - Including Darwin, Melbourne, Sydney, Tasmania, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, all metro and regional areas but do not deliver to areas in Australia where the Australia Post delivery network is not available.
Check Express shipping delivery coverage area at - http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-areas.html
Receipt of deliveries
Deliveries to post office boxes are not permitted where delivery is by courier. If delivery is by courier and nobody is available at the delivery address to accept delivery when delivery is attempted then the courier may either:
- leave the relevant parcel at the unattended address (the courier will do so if specified in your delivery requirements); or
- re-attempt delivery at a later time or date, in which case we may charge you an additional re-delivery fee.
Note that if a delivery is left unattended at the shipping address and is subsequently stolen then the theft is your responsibility, not ours.
Don't know why I didn't buy one years ago. Very very handy tool for so many applications. I ended updating the firmware to a later version but it isn't necessary. Buy one, it's the Swiss Army knife of hacking/sniffing/flashing tools
Bus Pirate - worth it
Fast delivery and up and hacking I2C and SMBus in a matter of minutes. Cheaper than via Seeed direct. Worth it.