High schoolers and college students can now swiftly construct their own connected devices - known as the Internet of Things - with the Arduino Explore IoT Kit Rev2. Ready-to-go activities and 10 sustainability initiatives, complemented with practical and theory lessons, enable users to assemble Internet-connected objects. Each of these projects encourages students to handle and address real-world issues connected to one of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals. Learners acquire design thinking methods that assist them in devising their own distinct solutions to issues such as urban farming, health monitoring, and water and waste conservation. Provide your students with future technologies, design tactics, and a thorough understanding of real-world issues to build a sustainable future.
The Arduino Explore IoT Kit Rev2 has been created to provide a comprehensive understanding of the Internet of Things, as well as to encourage students to think about solving global sustainability challenges, according to the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
After looking into current academic and industrial standards, we have identified important concepts this kit should touch upon for students to learn how devices communicate and the tools used to facilitate communication, data management, analysis, and computational thinking by using real-world sensors to capture meaningful data from the environment and modify it by remotely controlling actuators such as LEDs, buzzers, displays, through the Cloud.
The kit includes:
- Arduino MKR WiFi 1010
- Arduino MKR IoT Carrier Rev2 designed for this kit, includes:
- Two 24V relays
- SD card holder
- Five Tactile buttons
- Plug and play Grove connectors for different external sensors
- Temperature sensor
- Humidity sensor
- Pressure sensor
- Gas sensor (VOC)
- Ambient light sensor
- RGB color sensor
- Gesture sensor
- RGB 1.20” rounded display
- 18650 Li-Ion rechargeable battery holder
- Five RGB LEDs
- Micro USB cable
- Moisture sensor
- PIR sensor
- Plug-and-play cables for the external sensors
- Plastic enclosure to attach and protect the hardware
- Access to the demo version of Arduino Cloud for Education, which includes a complete IoT getting started experience and three introductory activities and lessons.
- For a more comprehensive educational journey into the Internet of Things, access to 10 more step-by-step, hands-on projects, each linked to the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals and covering the fundamentals of IoT, and to connect with Google Classroom, educators can subscribe to the Arduino Cloud for Education School Plan.
- Each of the 10 projects takes between 15-25 hours to complete, and can be completed over the course of a couple of weeks or a whole term or year.
- Each project contains five modules which can be completed in an order that makes sense for your classroom.
- To complete a project, students ideally need good programming skills and to have worked with sensor technologies.
- However, if your students are at more of a basic level, the kit also includes additional technical activities and lessons for beginners.
Arduino Kits for Beginners
- Arduino sensor kit with Arduino Uno Rev 3
- Arduino education starter kit (English version)
- Arduino Starter Kit
- (Solder your own UNO) Make-your-UNO-Kit
- Fundamentals Bundle (GET YOURSELF ARDUINO CERTIFIED)
- Arduino Junior Certification Bundle: Kit & Exam
Advance Arduino students' kits for secondary school includes IoT, System engineering and Machine learning
- EXPLORE IOT KIT Rev2 ARD
- Arduino Braccio ++
- Arduino Tiny Machine Learning Kit
- Arduino Engineering Kit REV 2
Arduino expansion Grove kits:
- Grove Creator Kit - ɑ / 20 Grove Modules for Arduino
- Grove Creator Kit - γ / 40 Grove Modules for Arduino
Bundle and Save on Arduino EDU classroom kits:
- Arduino sensor kit with Arduino Uno Rev 3 (Pack of 12)
- Grove - Starter Kit for Arduino (With Arduino UNO R3)
- Arduino Starter Kit Classroom Pack (6 Pcs)
- Arduino Fundamentals Bundle
- Class set of Arduino Uno R3 pack (12 Pcs)
- Class set of Arduino Starter Kit - genuine (12 Pcs)
- Arduino Engineering Kit REV 2 (Pack of 12)
- Arduino EDU Explore IoT kit Rev2 with rechargeable battery (6 Pack)
- Arduino EDU Explore IoT kit Rev2 with rechargeable battery (12 Pack)
Arduino cables, shield, and accessories:
Shipping rates Australia wide and New Zealand
- How do I estimate shipping for my order?
- Add products in the shopping cart and head to the checkout page to estimate the shipping.
Unless expressly agreed otherwise with you, we will not commence delivery of an order until we have received cleared payment of the purchase price in full.
All orders placed before 11 am AEST (Monday to Friday) will ordinarily be processed on the same day.
We will endeavour to ship the Products by the applicable time indicated on the website, but all times are indicative only. All shipping times are dispatch times only, and actual delivery dates will depend on the shipping method chosen, delivery address and delivery service provider.
Note- Please make a note during purchase if you require any item urgently. However we cannot guarantee that we will be able to comply with any request.
*Go to Australia post delivery time calculation to get various Australia post service in your area please use our shipping postcode Thomastown, 3074 as the "from" address - https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-times.html?ilink=tools-open-deliv-times.
We ship all products throughout mainland Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand - Including Darwin, Melbourne, Sydney, Tasmania, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, all metro and regional areas but do not deliver to areas in Australia where the Australia Post delivery network is not available.
Check Express shipping delivery coverage area at - http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-areas.html
Receipt of deliveries
Deliveries to post office boxes are not permitted where delivery is by courier. If delivery is by courier and nobody is available at the delivery address to accept delivery when delivery is attempted then the courier may either:
- leave the relevant parcel at the unattended address (the courier will do so if specified in your delivery requirements); or
- re-attempt delivery at a later time or date, in which case we may charge you an additional re-delivery fee.
Note that if a delivery is left unattended at the shipping address and is subsequently stolen then the theft is your responsibility, not ours.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.