Brightly coloured upper and lower case letters.
Children can explore the alphabet whilst playing a range of literacy games.
Size 75 x 90cm.
Use this mat to help reinforce spellings and to help children to practice new words.
See example activity below from the 'Let's Go with Bee-Bot Activity Book'.
This activity is great for children who know how to spell their names or other familiar words. It allows Bee-Bot to be programmed and spellings to be reinforced. New words can be practiced and children can write clues to spell messages. This activity works best with just a couple of children at a time. Once it has been introduced to a class, pairs can take turns to use the Bee-Bot and the mat.
- Alphabet mat (TTS code: ITSMAT3)
Look at the alphabet mat with the children. Can they find the letters to write their name? Try starting with just the initial letter. Can they program Bee-Bot to move onto all the other letters?
Make sure there is a definite starting point for the Bee-Bot and all the children are familiar with it. Ask the children to write a set of instructions for Bee-Bot to write their name. Bee-Bot should pause on the correct letter. This set of instructions can be written on a card. Once all the children have completed this, challenge them to pick up a card and predict the name. They can then type it into Bee-Bot to check.
This activity can be developed into writing words, making instructions for the spelling words of the week etc.
Cross Curricular links
Literacy Year 1
- Read and spell phonetically decidable two-syllable and three-syllable words
- Recognise automatically an increasing number of familiar high frequency words.
Spell with increasing accuracy and confidence, drawing on word recognition and knowledge or word structure, and spelling patters including common inflections and double letters.
- Develop and record sequences of instructions to control the floor turtle.
- Predict the result of a sequence of instructions and check their predictions by programming a floor turtle Mathematics
- Identify objects that turn about a point or about a line: recognise and make whole and half turns § Follow and give instructions involving position, direction and movement.
- Recognise and use whole, half and quarter turns, both clockwise and anticlockwise: know that a right angle represents a quarter turn.
Shipping rates Australia wide
|Express Post*||Regular Post||Courier|
|Up to 500 gms||$10.89||$6.59||$20|
|Up to 3 kg||$16.39||$11.43||$25|
|Up to 5 kg||$32.89||$22||NA|
|Above 5 kg
||Estimated at checkout|
Shipping rates to New Zealand
|Australia Post international service|
|Up to 500 gms||$18.00|
|Up to 1 kg||$30.00|
|Above 1 kg
||Available on request|
- How do I estimate shipping for my order?
- Add products in the shopping cart and head to the checkout page to estimate the shipping.
Unless expressly agreed otherwise with you, we will not commence delivery of an order until we have received cleared payment of the purchase price in full.
All orders placed before 11 am AEST (Monday to Friday) will ordinarily be processed on the same day.
We will endeavour to ship the Products by the applicable time indicated on the website, but all times are indicative only. All shipping times are dispatch times only, and actual delivery dates will depend on the shipping method chosen, delivery address and delivery service provider.
Note- Please make a note during purchase if you require any item urgently. However we cannot guarantee that we will be able to comply with any request.
*Go to Australia post delivery time calculation to get various Australia post service in your area please use our shipping postcode Rosanna, 3074 as the "from" address - https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-times.html?ilink=tools-open-deliv-times.
We ship all products throughout mainland Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand - Including Darwin, Melbourne, Sydney, Tasmania, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, all metro and regional areas but do not deliver to areas in Australia where the Australia Post delivery network is not available.
Check Express shipping delivery coverage area at - http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-areas.html
Receipt of deliveries
Deliveries to post office boxes are not permitted where delivery is by courier. If delivery is by courier and nobody is available at the delivery address to accept delivery when delivery is attempted then the courier may either:
- leave the relevant parcel at the unattended address (the courier will do so if specified in your delivery requirements); or
- re-attempt delivery at a later time or date, in which case we may charge you an additional re-delivery fee.
Note that if a delivery is left unattended at the shipping address and is subsequently stolen then the theft is your responsibility, not ours.