You can now create a dazzling display with your Raspberry Pi Model A+/B+/Pi 2 or Pi 3 with the Adafruit RGB Matrix HAT. This HAT plugs into your Pi and makes it super easy to control RGB matrices such as those we stock in the shop and create a colorful scrolling display or mini LED wall with ease.
This HAT is our finest to date, full of some really great circuitry. Let me break it down for you:
- Simple design - plug in power, plug in IDC cable, run our Python code!
- Power protection circuitry - you can plug a 5V 4A wall adapter into the HAT and it will automatically protect against negative, over or under-voltages! Yay for no accidental destruction of your setup.
- Onboard level shifters to convert the RasPi's 3.3V to 5.0V logic for clean and glitch free matrix driving
- DS1307 Real Time Clock can keep track of time for the Pi even when it is rebooted or powered down, to make for really nice time displays
Works with any of our 16x32, 32x32 or 32x64 RGB LED Matrices with HUB75 connections. You can even chain multiple matrices together for a longer display, you can chain as many as you like but the bigger the display the harder it is on the Pi so keep that in mind! We don't recommend more than 32x128 pixel setups
Please note: this HAT is only for use with HUB75 type RGB Matrices. Not for use with NeoPixel, DotStar, or other 'addressable' LEDs.
Each order comes with a HAT PCB with all surface mount parts assembled, a 2x20 female socket connector, a 2 pin terminal block, and a 2x8 IDC socket connector. A CR1220 coin cell is not included to make air shipping easier, please order one seperately if you do not have one and would like to use the real time clock.
A 5V power supply is also required, not included, for powering the matrix itself. The Pi cannot do it due to the high currents. To calculate the max current of your matrix set up, multiply the width of all the chained matrix by 0.12 : A 32 pixel wide matrix needs 32*0.12 = 3.85A so pick up a 5V 4A power supply.
Raspberry Pi not included (but we have 'em in the shop so pick one up, tested with model A+, B+, Pi 2 or Pi 3 only!)
Some light soldering is required to attach the headers to your Pi. A soldering iron and solder are required, but it's not a complex soldering job and most beginners can do it in about 15 minutes.
- PCB Dimensions: 65mm x 57mm x 2mm / 2.6" x 2.2" x 0.08"
- Height (with barrel input): 13mm / 0.5"
- Weight: 15g
Shipping rates Australia wide
|Express Post*||Regular Post||Courier|
|Up to 500 gms||$9.79||$6.75||$15.99|
|Up to 3 kg||$15.00||$11.40||$15.99|
|Up to 5 kg||$30.00||$22.11||NA|
|Above 5 kg
||Estimated at checkout|
Shipping rates to New Zealand
|Australia Post international service|
|Up to 500 gms||$18.00|
|Up to 1 kg||$30.00|
|Above 1 kg
||Available on request|
- How do I estimate shipping for my order?
- Add products in the shopping cart and head to the checkout page to estimate the shipping.
Unless expressly agreed otherwise with you, we will not commence delivery of an order until we have received cleared payment of the purchase price in full.
All orders placed before 11 am AEST (Monday to Friday) will ordinarily be processed on the same day.
We will endeavour to ship the Products by the applicable time indicated on the website, but all times are indicative only. All shipping times are dispatch times only, and actual delivery dates will depend on the shipping method chosen, delivery address and delivery service provider.
Note- Please make a note during purchase if you require any item urgently. However we cannot guarantee that we will be able to comply with any request.
*Go to Australia post delivery time calculation to get various Australia post service in your area please use our shipping postcode Rosanna, 3074 as the "from" address - https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-times.html?ilink=tools-open-deliv-times.
We ship all products throughout mainland Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand - Including Darwin, Melbourne, Sydney, Tasmania, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, all metro and regional areas but do not deliver to areas in Australia where the Australia Post delivery network is not available.
Check Express shipping delivery coverage area at - http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-areas.html
Receipt of deliveries
Deliveries to post office boxes are not permitted where delivery is by courier. If delivery is by courier and nobody is available at the delivery address to accept delivery when delivery is attempted then the courier may either:
- leave the relevant parcel at the unattended address (the courier will do so if specified in your delivery requirements); or
- re-attempt delivery at a later time or date, in which case we may charge you an additional re-delivery fee.
Note that if a delivery is left unattended at the shipping address and is subsequently stolen then the theft is your responsibility, not ours.