We sure love the ATmega328 here at Adafruit, and we use them a lot for our own projects. The processor has plenty of GPIO, Analog inputs, hardware UART SPI and I2C, timers and PWM galore - just enough for most simple projects. When we need to go small, we use a Pro Trinket 3V or 5V, but when size isn't as much of a concern, and a USB-serial converter is required, we reach for an Adafruit METRO.
METRO is the culmination of years of playing with AVRs: we wanted to make a development board that is easy to use and is hacker friendly.
- ATmega328 brains - This popular chip has 32KB of flash (1/2 K is reserved for the bootloader), 2KB of RAM, clocked at 16MHz
- Power the METRO with 7-9V polarity protected DC or the micro USB connector to any 5V USB source. The 2.1mm DC jack has an on/off switch next to it so you can turn off your setup easily. The METRO will automagically switch between USB and DC.
- METRO has 20 GPIO pins, 6 of which are Analog in as well, and 2 of which are reserved for the USB-serial converter. There's also 6 PWMs available on 3 timers (1 x 16-bit, 2 x 8-bit). There's a hardware SPI port, hardware I2C port and hardware UART to USB.
- GPIO Logic level is 5V but by cutting and soldering closed a jumper, you can easily convert it to 3.3V logic
- USB to Serial converter, there's a hardware USB to Serial converter that can be used by any computer to listen/send data to the METRO, and can also be used to launch and update code via the bootloader
- Four indicator LEDs, on the front edge of the PCB, for easy debugging. One green power LED, two RX/TX LEDs for the UART, and a red LED connected to pin PB5
- Easy reprogramming, comes pre-loaded with the Optiboot bootloader, which is supported by avrdude and only uses 512 bytes.
- Beautiful styling by PaintYourDragon and Bruce Yan, in Adafruit Black with gold plated pads.
- Works with all Adafruit designed shields!
This version of the METRO 328 comes as a fully assembled and tested development board but without any headers attached. We do include some through-hole headers that you can solder on if you like, or you can solder wires or header directly to the breakout pads. We also include 4 rubber bumpers to keep it from slipping off your desk.
- ATmega328 microcontroller with Optiboot (UNO) Bootloader
- USB Programming and debugging via the well-supported genuine FTDI FT231X
- Input voltage: 7-9V (a 9VDC power supply is recommended)
- 5V regulator can supply peak ~800mA as long as the die temp of the regulator does not exceed 150*C
- 3.3V regulator can supply peak ~150mA as long as the die temp of the regulator does not exceed 150*C
- 5V logic with 3.3V compatible inputs, can be converted to 3.3V logic operation
- 20 Digital I/O Pins: 6 are also PWM outputs and 6 are also Analog Inputs
- 6-pin ICSP Header for reprogramming
- 32KB Flash Memory - 0.5K for bootloader, 31.5KB available after bootloading
- 16MHz Clock Speed
- Compatible with "Classic" and "R3" Shields
- Adafruit Black PCB with gold plate on pads
- 53mm x 68.5mm / 2.1" x 2.7"
- Height (w/ barrel jack): 13mm / 0.5"
- Weight: 16.5g
- Derivative of "Arduino UNO R3 Reference design"
- Open source hardware files on github!
Shipping rates Australia wide
|Express Post*||Regular Post||Courier|
|Up to 500 gms||$9.79||$6.75||$15.99|
|Up to 3 kg||$15.00||$11.40||$15.99|
|Up to 5 kg||$30.00||$17.00||$25.99|
|Above 5 kg
||Estimated at checkout|
Shipping rates to New Zealand
|Australia Post international service|
|Up to 500 gms||$18.00|
|Up to 1 kg||$30.00|
|Above 1 kg
||Available on request|
- How do I estimate shipping for my order?
- Add products in the shopping cart and head to a checkout page to estimate the shipping.
All orders placed before 11 am AEST (Monday to Friday) will be processed on the same day.
Note- Please make a note during purchase if you required any item urgently.
*Go to Australia post delivery time calculation to get various Australia post service in your area please use our shipping postcode Rosanna, 3084- https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-times.html?ilink=tools-open-deliv-times.
Check Express shipping delivery coverage area at - http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-areas.html
We ship all the products Australia wide - Including Darwin, Melbourne, Sydney, Tasmania, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, all metro and regional area where Australia post delivery network is available.