One of our star Feathers is the Adafruit HUZZAH32 ESP32 Feather - with the fabulous ESP32 WROOM module on there, it makes quick work of WiFi and Bluetooth projects that take advantage of Espressifs most popular chipset. Recently we had to redesign this feather to move from the obsolete CP2104 to the CP2012N and one thing led to another and before you know it we made a completely refreshed design: the Adafruit ESP32 Feather V2.
The V2 is a significant redesign, enough so we consider it a completely new product. It still features the ESP32 chip but has many upgrades and improvements:
- Compared to the original Feather with 4 MB Flash and no PSRAM, the V2 has 8 MB Flash and 2 MB PSRAM
- Additional user button tactile switch on input pin 38
- Additional NeoPixel mini RGB LED with controllable power pin
- Additional STEMMA QT port for plug and play I2C connections
- USB Type C port instead of Micro B
- Separate controllable 3.3V power supply for STEMMA QT to allow for ultra low power consumption even with sensors are attached
- Designed for low power usage: verified with a PPK to draw 70uA from the Lipoly battery in deep sleep and 1.2mA in light sleep.
- ESP32 Pico module is much smaller, allowing for clear marking of all breakout pads and additional mounting holes!
- Upgrade the USB to serial converter from CP2014 (2mbps max rate) to CP2102N which can handle 3 mbps
However, in order to add the PSRAM, and use the new Pico module which was small enough to allow all the fun extras, some of the breakout pads have changed, so here's what you need to know:
- The pin numbers for the I2C port (SDA, SCL), hardware UART (RX, TX), and SPI (SCK, MOSI, MISO) have changed. If your code has hardcoded use for those pins, you'll want to replace them either by the new numbers or change the code to use the 'pretty' names like SDA or SCK.
When selecting the new Feather ESP32 V2 board in the Espressif board support package, the correct numbers will be substituted.
Note the names are in the same spots, we haven't changed where the I2C/UART/SPI pins are located on the board, just which ESP32 pin numbers they are connected to in the module.
- The 'corner' pin next to TX has changed from pin 21 to 37. This pin is not used in any FeatherWings because its considered an 'extra pin'. It's also changed from a GPIO to input-only
- The remaining numbered pins and A0-A5 pins have not changed pin numbers.
That module nestled in at the end of this Feather contains a dual-core ESP32 chip, 8 MB of SPI Flash, 2 MB of PSRAM, tuned PCB antenna, and all the passives you need to take advantage of this powerful new processor. The ESP32 has both WiFi and Bluetooth Classic/LE support. That means it's perfect for just about any wireless or Internet-connected project.
Because it's part of our Feather eco-system, you can take advantage of the 50+ Wings that we've designed to add all sorts of cool accessories. Plus that built in battery charging and monitoring you know and love with the ESP32 Feather is still there in this upgrade.
- ESP32 Dual core 240MHz Xtensa® processor - the classic dual-core ESP32 you know and love!
- Mini module has FCC/CE certification and comes with 8 MByte of Flash and 2 MByte of PSRAM - you can have huge data buffers
- Power options - USB type C or Lipoly battery
- Built-in battery charging when powered over USB-C
- LiPoly battery monitor with two 200K resistor divider
- Reset and User (I38) buttons to reset board and as a separate input
- High speed upload with auto-reset and serial debug with ultra-reliable CP2102N chipset.
- STEMMA QT connector for I2C devices, with switchable power, so you can go into low power mode.
- Charge/User LEDs + status NeoPixel with pin-controlled power for low power usage
- Low Power friendly! In deep sleep mode we can get down to 80~100uA of current draw from the Lipoly connection. Quiescent current is from the power regulator, ESP32 chip, and Lipoly monitor. Turn off the NeoPixel and external I2C power for the lowest quiescent current draw.
- Works with Arduino or MicroPython
Comes fully assembled and tested, with a USB interface that lets you quickly use it with the Arduino IDE or the low-level ESP32 IDF. We also toss in some header so you can solder it in and plug into a solderless breadboard. Lipoly battery and USB cable not included (but we do have lots of options in the shop if you'd like!)
- 240 MHz dual core Tensilica LX6 microcontroller with 600 DMIPS
- Integrated 520 KB SRAM
- Integrated 802.11b/g/n HT40 Wi-Fi transceiver, baseband, stack and LWIP
- Integrated dual mode Bluetooth (classic and BLE)
- On-board PCB antenna
- Ultra-low noise analog amplifier
- Hall sensor
- 10x capacitive touch interface
- 32 kHz crystal oscillator
- 3 x UARTs (only two are configured by default in the Feather Arduino IDE support, one UART is used for bootloading/debug)
- 3 x SPI (only one is configured by default in the Feather Arduino IDE support)
- 2 x I2C (only one is configured by default in the Feather Arduino IDE support)
- 12 x ADC input channels
- 2 x I2S Audio
- 2 x DAC
- PWM/timer input/output available on every GPIO pin
- OpenOCD debug interface with 32 kB TRAX buffer
- SDIO master/slave 50 MHz
- SD-card interface support
Product Dimensions: 52.3mm x 22.8mm x 7.2mm / 2.1" x 0.9" x 0.3"
Product Weight: 6.0g / 0.2oz
Shipping rates Australia wide and New Zealand
- How do I estimate shipping for my order?
- Add products in the shopping cart and head to the checkout page to estimate the shipping.
Unless expressly agreed otherwise with you, we will not commence delivery of an order until we have received cleared payment of the purchase price in full.
All orders placed before 11 am AEST (Monday to Friday) will ordinarily be processed on the same day.
We will endeavour to ship the Products by the applicable time indicated on the website, but all times are indicative only. All shipping times are dispatch times only, and actual delivery dates will depend on the shipping method chosen, delivery address and delivery service provider.
Note- Please make a note during purchase if you require any item urgently. However we cannot guarantee that we will be able to comply with any request.
*Go to Australia post delivery time calculation to get various Australia post service in your area please use our shipping postcode Thomastown, 3074 as the "from" address - https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-times.html?ilink=tools-open-deliv-times.
We ship all products throughout mainland Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand - Including Darwin, Melbourne, Sydney, Tasmania, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, all metro and regional areas but do not deliver to areas in Australia where the Australia Post delivery network is not available.
Check Express shipping delivery coverage area at - http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-areas.html
Receipt of deliveries
Deliveries to post office boxes are not permitted where delivery is by courier. If delivery is by courier and nobody is available at the delivery address to accept delivery when delivery is attempted then the courier may either:
- leave the relevant parcel at the unattended address (the courier will do so if specified in your delivery requirements); or
- re-attempt delivery at a later time or date, in which case we may charge you an additional re-delivery fee.
Note that if a delivery is left unattended at the shipping address and is subsequently stolen then the theft is your responsibility, not ours.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.