If you've ever ordered and wire up a 9-DOF sensor, chances are you've also realized the challenge of turning the sensor data from an accelerometer, gyroscope and magnetometer into actual "3D space orientation"! Orientation is a hard problem to solve. The sensor fusion algorithms (the secret sauce that blends accelerometer, magnetometer and gyroscope data into stable three-axis orientation output) can be mind-numbingly difficult to get right and implement on low cost real time systems.
Bosch is the first company to get this right by taking a MEMS accelerometer, magnetometer and gyroscope and putting them on a single die with a high speed ARM Cortex-M0 based processor to digest all the sensor data, abstract the sensor fusion and real time requirements away, and spit out data you can use in quaternions, Euler angles or vectors.
Rather than spending weeks or months fiddling with algorithms of varying accuracy and complexity, you can have meaningful sensor data in minutes thanks to the BNO055 - a smart 9-DOF sensor that does the sensor fusion all on its own! You can read the data right over I2C and Bob's yer uncle.
The BNO055 can output the following sensor data:
- Absolute Orientation (Euler Vector, 100Hz) Three axis orientation data based on a 360° sphere
- Absolute Orientation (Quaterion, 100Hz) Four point quaternion output for more accurate data manipulation
- Angular Velocity Vector (100Hz) Three axis of 'rotation speed' in rad/s
- Acceleration Vector (100Hz) Three axis of acceleration (gravity + linear motion) in m/s^2
- Magnetic Field Strength Vector (20Hz) Three axis of magnetic field sensing in micro Tesla (uT)
- Linear Acceleration Vector (100Hz) Three axis of linear acceleration data (acceleration minus gravity) in m/s^2
- Gravity Vector (100Hz) Three axis of gravitational acceleration (minus any movement) in m/s^2
- Temperature (1Hz) Ambient temperature in degrees celsius
Handy, right? So we placed this very nice sensor on its own breakout, complete with 3.3V regulator, logic level shifting for the Reset and I2C pins, an external 32.768KHz crystal (recommended for best performance), and breakouts for some other pins you might find handy. Comes assembled and tested, with a small piece of header. Some soldering is required to attach the header to the breakout PCB, but its pretty easy work. Best of all you can get started in 10 minutes with our handy tutorial on assembly, wiring, Arduino library and Processing graphical interface, and more!
Shipping rates Australia wide
|Express Post*||Regular Post||Courier|
|Up to 500 gms||$10.89||$6.59||$20|
|Up to 3 kg||$16.39||$11.43||$25|
|Up to 5 kg||$32.89||$22||NA|
|Above 5 kg
||Estimated at checkout|
Shipping rates to New Zealand
|Australia Post international service|
|Up to 500 gms||$18.00|
|Up to 1 kg||$30.00|
|Above 1 kg
||Available on request|
- How do I estimate shipping for my order?
- Add products in the shopping cart and head to the checkout page to estimate the shipping.
Unless expressly agreed otherwise with you, we will not commence delivery of an order until we have received cleared payment of the purchase price in full.
All orders placed before 11 am AEST (Monday to Friday) will ordinarily be processed on the same day.
We will endeavour to ship the Products by the applicable time indicated on the website, but all times are indicative only. All shipping times are dispatch times only, and actual delivery dates will depend on the shipping method chosen, delivery address and delivery service provider.
Note- Please make a note during purchase if you require any item urgently. However we cannot guarantee that we will be able to comply with any request.
*Go to Australia post delivery time calculation to get various Australia post service in your area please use our shipping postcode Rosanna, 3074 as the "from" address - https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-times.html?ilink=tools-open-deliv-times.
We ship all products throughout mainland Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand - Including Darwin, Melbourne, Sydney, Tasmania, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, all metro and regional areas but do not deliver to areas in Australia where the Australia Post delivery network is not available.
Check Express shipping delivery coverage area at - http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-areas.html
Receipt of deliveries
Deliveries to post office boxes are not permitted where delivery is by courier. If delivery is by courier and nobody is available at the delivery address to accept delivery when delivery is attempted then the courier may either:
- leave the relevant parcel at the unattended address (the courier will do so if specified in your delivery requirements); or
- re-attempt delivery at a later time or date, in which case we may charge you an additional re-delivery fee.
Note that if a delivery is left unattended at the shipping address and is subsequently stolen then the theft is your responsibility, not ours.