This is a DC sucker type electromagnet with 15kg holding force and 2W power. It should be operated at 5V. The magnetic poles of the electromagnet can be changed by swapping the negative and positive poles of the input power. With a pretty small body, this electromagnet can be applied to DIY electromagnetic lock, smart storage cabinet, and intelligent door, etc.
Electromagnetic usually consists of a coil of wire wrapped around an iron core. When currents pass through the wire coil, a magnetic field, which makes the iron core magnetised, like a permanent magnet. The iron core material should be made of pure iron or silicon steel which is easy to be magnetized and demagnetized. In this way, it will be magnetic when powered on and lose magnetism quickly after power-down.
1. electromagnets are specified with "holding force", say 15Kg. This is not how much weight they can pick up! Divide the holding force by 5-10 to get a rough estimate of how heavy a thing it can pick up. So in this case, about 3Kg max. Note that pick-up weight also depends on a flat surface and max surface contact, and the ferromagnetic metal content. A perfectly flat steel cube will work great, something oddly shaped or covered in rubber or plastic will not!
2. The electromagnetic can withstand long-term electrify when attracted onto the surface of an object, but it should not be electrified for a long time when there is nothing to attract.
Shipping rates Australia wide and New Zealand
- How do I estimate shipping for my order?
- Add products in the shopping cart and head to the checkout page to estimate the shipping.
Unless expressly agreed otherwise with you, we will not commence delivery of an order until we have received cleared payment of the purchase price in full.
All orders placed before 11 am AEST (Monday to Friday) will ordinarily be processed on the same day.
We will endeavour to ship the Products by the applicable time indicated on the website, but all times are indicative only. All shipping times are dispatch times only, and actual delivery dates will depend on the shipping method chosen, delivery address and delivery service provider.
Note- Please make a note during purchase if you require any item urgently. However we cannot guarantee that we will be able to comply with any request.
*Go to Australia post delivery time calculation to get various Australia post service in your area please use our shipping postcode Thomastown, 3074 as the "from" address - https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-times.html?ilink=tools-open-deliv-times.
We ship all products throughout mainland Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand - Including Darwin, Melbourne, Sydney, Tasmania, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, all metro and regional areas but do not deliver to areas in Australia where the Australia Post delivery network is not available.
Check Express shipping delivery coverage area at - http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-areas.html
Receipt of deliveries
Deliveries to post office boxes are not permitted where delivery is by courier. If delivery is by courier and nobody is available at the delivery address to accept delivery when delivery is attempted then the courier may either:
- leave the relevant parcel at the unattended address (the courier will do so if specified in your delivery requirements); or
- re-attempt delivery at a later time or date, in which case we may charge you an additional re-delivery fee.
Note that if a delivery is left unattended at the shipping address and is subsequently stolen then the theft is your responsibility, not ours.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.