Digital Technology curriculum for Year 9 & 10 with Arduino & Grove Kit
Arduino is a popular open-source hardware prototyping platform that offers ease of developing an embedded system application. Arduino Grove kit is an eco-system of Arduino compatible electronic modules (sensors of actuators) offering plug-and-play functionality. No soldering is required to connect the grove modules with Arduino boards, making it a right educational kit to teach electronics and programming in the classrooms. With a large variety of sensors and actuators in offering, you can realise any real-life application using Arduino Grove kits.
This course provides you an introduction to Arduino hardware and other electronics components, Arduino programming leading to creation of smaller version of some of real-life applications around you.
Course is ideal for:
- School students (Year 5 – 10)
- Beginner to Arduino programming and sensor electronics
- Beginner to intermediate in programming, micro-controllers
- Hardware - Arduino Grove Kit, with components supporting projects in this course
- Software - Arduino software IDE, from Arduino official page (Free)
This course is designed to provide you a hands-on learning with Arduino-grove kit. After completing this workshop, participant would be able to:
- Familiarize themselves with Arduino hardware and grove components (sensors and actuators)
- Comprehend the working principles of various sensors and actuators
- Understand and edit the existing programs
- Program the Arduino to create real-life applications
In this beginner level course on Arduino-Grove kit, the participants will learn:
- About Pakronics
- Introduction to Arduino and other electronic components
- Overview of Arduino programming tool (Arduino Software)
- Getting started with Arduino Programming
- Project 1: Weather Station – Measure temperature and display it on character LCD
- Project 2: Automatic Light Switch – Measurement of light intensity and automatic control based on the measured value
- Project 3: Analog Scale – Creating analog meters using servo motors and using them to display values of light and temperature measurements
- Project 4: Reverse Parking Assistant – Using ultrasound to measure distance of objects and creating alarm for nearby objects in the proximity
- Project 5: Controlling Gates – Using proximity sensors and buttons to control the gate opening/closure using servo motor
- Other project ideas…
- 10-12 Hours
Shipping rates Australia wide
|Express Post*||Regular Post||Courier|
|Up to 500 gms||$10.89||$6.59||$20|
|Up to 3 kg||$16.39||$11.43||$25|
|Up to 5 kg||$32.89||$22||NA|
|Above 5 kg
||Estimated at checkout|
Shipping rates to New Zealand
|Australia Post international service|
|Up to 500 gms||$18.00|
|Up to 1 kg||$30.00|
|Above 1 kg
||Available on request|
- How do I estimate shipping for my order?
- Add products in the shopping cart and head to the checkout page to estimate the shipping.
Unless expressly agreed otherwise with you, we will not commence delivery of an order until we have received cleared payment of the purchase price in full.
All orders placed before 11 am AEST (Monday to Friday) will ordinarily be processed on the same day.
We will endeavour to ship the Products by the applicable time indicated on the website, but all times are indicative only. All shipping times are dispatch times only, and actual delivery dates will depend on the shipping method chosen, delivery address and delivery service provider.
Note- Please make a note during purchase if you require any item urgently. However we cannot guarantee that we will be able to comply with any request.
*Go to Australia post delivery time calculation to get various Australia post service in your area please use our shipping postcode Rosanna, 3074 as the "from" address - https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-times.html?ilink=tools-open-deliv-times.
We ship all products throughout mainland Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand - Including Darwin, Melbourne, Sydney, Tasmania, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, all metro and regional areas but do not deliver to areas in Australia where the Australia Post delivery network is not available.
Check Express shipping delivery coverage area at - http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-areas.html
Receipt of deliveries
Deliveries to post office boxes are not permitted where delivery is by courier. If delivery is by courier and nobody is available at the delivery address to accept delivery when delivery is attempted then the courier may either:
- leave the relevant parcel at the unattended address (the courier will do so if specified in your delivery requirements); or
- re-attempt delivery at a later time or date, in which case we may charge you an additional re-delivery fee.
Note that if a delivery is left unattended at the shipping address and is subsequently stolen then the theft is your responsibility, not ours.