Designed for beginner users of the micro:bit, or those who just want to customise their smart watch. The BitWearable Kit includes the Bitwear, a functional expansion board for micro:bit especially for wearables as it includes all the common features you'd need in a variable within a compact size. Click here if you wish to purchase the BitWear individually. Students can use Microsoft's Makecode, an online graphical programming platform to write programs to customise the function of their micro:bit wearable with a handy strap band which you can use as a watch strap or arm band.
- Easy installation, screw into threaded nuts of the bitwear with the included screw driver
- Bitwear expansion board with compact design, same footprint as a microbit
- Adds commonly used wearable features like RGB LEDs, buzzer, and vibration motor, but also has expansion capabilities if you need it in your project
- Easy to source 3v button batteries for power supply, you can power it with one of two CR2032/CR2025/CR2020 batteries
- Includes on/off power switches and power indication lights
- Microsoft MakeCode Compatible ~ A Powerful Programming Platform: MakeCode is a widely-used graphical programming software which allows you to program the micro:bit. You can easily use it through a web browser.
- Supports mPython programming
- Professional and detailed teaching courses: whether you are an educator or home user, we provide course materials made just for the Bitwear for free. For more information, please visit make2learn
Bitwear expansion board with compact design
With the BitWear, students will develop open source hardware understanding as well as programming skills. Students must exercise creative thinking and use their hands as they design their own wearable, customising functions through graphical programming.
MakeCode for beginners：https://microbit.org/get-started/first-steps/set-up/
Features: easy-to-use and user-friendly; supports programming on a wide range of hardware and has various tutorials and projects for users; supports translation between block-based code and a text based code.
Related Course Material
Make 2 Learn: https://make2learn.tinkergen.com
TinkerGen has created an online learning platform called Make2Learn which contains our own course materials for a wide range of STEAM educators and programming hobbyists. You can view online or download the included videos, lesson plans and source code once you activate a course
This product is suitable for:
Maker teachers / DIY hobbyists / primary, lower-high school students / micro:bit users/ homeschooling educators
Wear your BitWear on a run or while skipping, and press the A button to view the number of steps you have taken.
|1x||BitWear Expansion board||Screw driver||Nylon Strap|
Phillips round head screws M3x5mm
Working Voltage: 5V
Working Current: 1.5A (Max)
Power supply: one or two CR2032/CR2025/CR2020 batteries
ON/OFF Power switch with LED indicator
Built-in speaker for playing melody, vibration motor and addressable RGB LED
Broken out component holes for you to add additional modules
|Package Dimensions:||90(L) * 65 (W) * 24 (H) (mm)|
|Age for Use:||6+|
LEARN AND DOCUMENTS
Shipping rates Australia wide
|Express Post*||Regular Post||Courier|
|Up to 500 gms||$13.09||$8||$20|
|Up to 3 kg||$16.39||$11.43||$25|
|Up to 5 kg||$32.89||$22||NA|
|Above 5 kg
||Estimated at checkout|
Shipping rates to New Zealand
|Australia Post international service|
|Up to 500 gms||$18.00|
|Up to 1 kg||$30.00|
|Above 1 kg
||Available on request|
- How do I estimate shipping for my order?
- Add products in the shopping cart and head to the checkout page to estimate the shipping.
Unless expressly agreed otherwise with you, we will not commence delivery of an order until we have received cleared payment of the purchase price in full.
All orders placed before 11 am AEST (Monday to Friday) will ordinarily be processed on the same day.
We will endeavour to ship the Products by the applicable time indicated on the website, but all times are indicative only. All shipping times are dispatch times only, and actual delivery dates will depend on the shipping method chosen, delivery address and delivery service provider.
Note- Please make a note during purchase if you require any item urgently. However we cannot guarantee that we will be able to comply with any request.
*Go to Australia post delivery time calculation to get various Australia post service in your area please use our shipping postcode Rosanna, 3074 as the "from" address - https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-times.html?ilink=tools-open-deliv-times.
We ship all products throughout mainland Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand - Including Darwin, Melbourne, Sydney, Tasmania, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, all metro and regional areas but do not deliver to areas in Australia where the Australia Post delivery network is not available.
Check Express shipping delivery coverage area at - http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-areas.html
Receipt of deliveries
Deliveries to post office boxes are not permitted where delivery is by courier. If delivery is by courier and nobody is available at the delivery address to accept delivery when delivery is attempted then the courier may either:
- leave the relevant parcel at the unattended address (the courier will do so if specified in your delivery requirements); or
- re-attempt delivery at a later time or date, in which case we may charge you an additional re-delivery fee.
Note that if a delivery is left unattended at the shipping address and is subsequently stolen then the theft is your responsibility, not ours.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.