Innovate, Create, Transform with Arduino Education Explore IoT kit
Take your first step in building internet connected objects. All your classroom needs sorted, spend more time on teaching & explorering than troubleshooting!
If you are a teacher then this Arduino IoT kit have got you covered. It includes projects (online resources), components and one year Arduino cloud licence.
The Arduino Explore IoT Kit helps advanced high school and college students get started with the fundamental concepts of the Internet of Things. It includes all necessary hardware, software, learning content, and support.
Recommended for one or two students, the kit’s hardware includes one MKR 1010 board, the Maker IoT carrier with five tactile buttons and squared LCD display, a set of sensors and actuators, cables, and more (see full list in the tech specs). All components are packed into a robust reusable toolbox, ideal for storage and years of use.
The kit also gives students access to an online platform with 10 exciting learning activities, which introduce them to the core concepts of IoT and challenge them to build real-world applications (see more details in content).
With one Explore IoT Kit you get a 12-month free trial subscription to Arduino Create Maker plan, the premium subscription to our online coding platform. With it, students will also learn to control objects remotely using Arduino Create and its IoT Cloud application.
Benefits of the Arduino Explore IoT Kit
- Get started quickly and easily with the Internet of Things
- Make a complex subject simple and accessible
- Enhance students’ understanding of real-world technology and its applications
- Learn critical future skills for 21st century careers
- Be an innovator - learn how to use technology to make an impact on society
- Build functional prototypes inspired by real-world applications
- Gain confidence in designing and making your own connected projects
- Combine your knowledge with actual industry innovations
Feature highlights of the Arduino Explore IoT Kit
- Educators have all the guidance and support they need
- Arduino Create is included, so you get unlimited compilation time, more storage and the possibility of syncing upto 20 properties ,such as LED status, display values, and text interface, which gives you the full Arduino IoT Cloud experience
- The exclusive MKR IoT Carrier allows you to focus on prototyping and programming instead of wiring and troubles hooting your board. Just connect the device to your computer and you’re ready to go!
The kit includes:
- Arduino MKR WiFi 1010 board
- MKR IoT Carrier designed for this kit, including:
Storage Micro SD card slot Connectors 3x Grove connectors (2 Analog and 1 I2C ports) Sensors HTS221 Temperature & humidity LPS22HB Barometric pressure LSM6DSOX Accelerometer & gyroscope APDS-9960 Ambient light, gesture and proximity Capacitive buttons 5x Actuators Buzzer Yes RGB 5x pixels Display 1.3” TFT Display, 240x240 resolution Relays 2x 24V, V23079 Relay status LEDs Yes, for both Power Battery slot Yes, 18650 Li-Ion rechargable battery Operating voltage 3.3V Battery charging USB Battery charging via MKR Board (Runs up to 48h with a 3.7v 2500mAh)
- Plastic encasing
- Micro USB cable
- Moisture sensor
- PIR sensor
- Plug-and-play cables for all the sensors
The Explore IoT Kit includes a 12 months free trial to the Arduino Create Maker Plan. Once the trial expires you will need to renew the subscription to the maker plan by going to this page. The Arduino Create Maker Plan included in the kit offers unlimited compilation time and extended access to some of the features of the Arduino IoT Cloud allowing teachers to run their classes with the certainty that they won’t find any limitation on them. If you don’t renew your Maker Plan subscription, you will be automatically downgraded to the Arduino Create Free Plan. This plan (Arduino Create Free Plan) offers lower compilation time per day, and limit the access to some of the features of the Arduino IoT Cloud, which means that only 3 out of the 10 activities of the kit can be completed with it.
Explore IoT FAQ
Shipping rates Australia wide
|Express Post*||Regular Post||Courier|
|Up to 500 gms||$13.09||$8||$20|
|Up to 3 kg||$16.39||$11.43||$25|
|Up to 5 kg||$32.89||$22||NA|
|Above 5 kg
||Estimated at checkout|
Shipping rates to New Zealand
|Australia Post international service|
|Up to 500 gms||$18.00|
|Up to 1 kg||$30.00|
|Above 1 kg
||Available on request|
- How do I estimate shipping for my order?
- Add products in the shopping cart and head to the checkout page to estimate the shipping.
Unless expressly agreed otherwise with you, we will not commence delivery of an order until we have received cleared payment of the purchase price in full.
All orders placed before 11 am AEST (Monday to Friday) will ordinarily be processed on the same day.
We will endeavour to ship the Products by the applicable time indicated on the website, but all times are indicative only. All shipping times are dispatch times only, and actual delivery dates will depend on the shipping method chosen, delivery address and delivery service provider.
Note- Please make a note during purchase if you require any item urgently. However we cannot guarantee that we will be able to comply with any request.
*Go to Australia post delivery time calculation to get various Australia post service in your area please use our shipping postcode Rosanna, 3074 as the "from" address - https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-times.html?ilink=tools-open-deliv-times.
We ship all products throughout mainland Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand - Including Darwin, Melbourne, Sydney, Tasmania, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, all metro and regional areas but do not deliver to areas in Australia where the Australia Post delivery network is not available.
Check Express shipping delivery coverage area at - http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-areas.html
Receipt of deliveries
Deliveries to post office boxes are not permitted where delivery is by courier. If delivery is by courier and nobody is available at the delivery address to accept delivery when delivery is attempted then the courier may either:
- leave the relevant parcel at the unattended address (the courier will do so if specified in your delivery requirements); or
- re-attempt delivery at a later time or date, in which case we may charge you an additional re-delivery fee.
Note that if a delivery is left unattended at the shipping address and is subsequently stolen then the theft is your responsibility, not ours.
Speedy service, fast shipping and a great product with so many applications. This company works very well with schools.
Arduino IoT kit for the beginner
Though it is designed for educator but great for homeschooling or enthusiast like me having blast at! Love the screen and case included
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.