This is a sample course for the Educators. Must have school email address!
The Micro:bit is small micro-controller board designed by the BBC for use in computer education in the UK. Study, conducted after they distributed the Micro:bit to year 7 students in the UK, reveals a great deal of improvement in their motivation, participation in STEM subjects and consequently the knowledge level in hands-on learning.
The Micro:bit hardware is the size of a business card and conveniently houses LED matrix, temperature and light sensors, buttons, accelerometer, magnetic compass and Bluetooth communication modules. However, the Grove Inventor Kit extends a Micro:bit's capabilities by addition of sensors, speaker and display devices and let you create projects mimicking real-life systems.
Course is ideal for:
- Educator (Year 5 – 10)
- having prior introduction to programming, microcontrollers or electronics
- Hardware - Micro:bit board with USB cable
- Computer with internet connectivity
This course is designed to provide you a hands-on learning with Micro:bit. After completing this course, a participant would be able to:
- Familiarize themselves with Micro:bit hardware components/features (display, input and sensors)
- Comprehend the working principles of various sensors available with Micro:bit
- Create program using online Block Editor software and test them online
- Program the Micro:bit with code created online to make meaningful real-life applications
In this beginner level course on mBot, the participants will learn about:
- Micro:bit overview - Hardware features, Programming tools and procedure
- Displaying text and numbers on Micro:bit LED matrix
- Detecting button press events as user input
- Measurement of light and temperature using on-board sensors
- Application of available math and logical operators
- Creating applications using accelerometer
- Creating applications using magnetic compass
- Other project ideas…
- 12 Hours
Shipping rates Australia wide
|Express Post*||Regular Post||Courier|
|Up to 500 gms||$9.79||$6.75||$15.99|
|Up to 3 kg||$15.00||$11.40||$15.99|
|Up to 5 kg||$30.00||$22.11||NA|
|Above 5 kg
||Estimated at checkout|
Shipping rates to New Zealand
|Australia Post international service|
|Up to 500 gms||$18.00|
|Up to 1 kg||$30.00|
|Above 1 kg
||Available on request|
- How do I estimate shipping for my order?
- Add products in the shopping cart and head to the checkout page to estimate the shipping.
Unless expressly agreed otherwise with you, we will not commence delivery of an order until we have received cleared payment of the purchase price in full.
All orders placed before 11 am AEST (Monday to Friday) will ordinarily be processed on the same day.
We will endeavour to ship the Products by the applicable time indicated on the website, but all times are indicative only. All shipping times are dispatch times only, and actual delivery dates will depend on the shipping method chosen, delivery address and delivery service provider.
Note- Please make a note during purchase if you require any item urgently. However we cannot guarantee that we will be able to comply with any request.
*Go to Australia post delivery time calculation to get various Australia post service in your area please use our shipping postcode Rosanna, 3074 as the "from" address - https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-times.html?ilink=tools-open-deliv-times.
We ship all products throughout mainland Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand - Including Darwin, Melbourne, Sydney, Tasmania, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, all metro and regional areas but do not deliver to areas in Australia where the Australia Post delivery network is not available.
Check Express shipping delivery coverage area at - http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-areas.html
Receipt of deliveries
Deliveries to post office boxes are not permitted where delivery is by courier. If delivery is by courier and nobody is available at the delivery address to accept delivery when delivery is attempted then the courier may either:
- leave the relevant parcel at the unattended address (the courier will do so if specified in your delivery requirements); or
- re-attempt delivery at a later time or date, in which case we may charge you an additional re-delivery fee.
Note that if a delivery is left unattended at the shipping address and is subsequently stolen then the theft is your responsibility, not ours.
Easy and efficient
Microbits online course
Have the item. Found your course. But as is the life of a Digital Devices teacher...its in the queue. Hoping to start the course this weekend. Real life application is what I am after for lesson plans next year with Yr 3 to 6. Note that is listed in your course objectives. Question for you....why just Victoria Curriculum??? What happened to NSW?? Yes I am bias but hoping that there will be similar outcomes that can be connected between States.