In the recent past, mBot has gained popularity as an entry to the intermediate level robotic kit. mBot is an easy-to-assemble educational robotic kit that helps students learn real-world applications in robotics. Teachers have been using mBot as a STEM educational kit for teaching electronics, programming and robotic concepts of varying complexity levels.
mBot can be programmed using graphical (Scratch based) and coding (like Arduino). This makes students learn the basic concepts easily and then move to solve problems of higher complexity levels.
This course provides you an introduction to mBot hardware and other electronics components on-board and helps you assemble the mBot. Using the coding exercise, you can program your mBot to perform real-life robotic applications.
Course ideal for
- Beginner to programming, electronics and robotics
- Hardware - mBot v1.1 Bluetooth or 2.4Ghz
- Computer/Laptop with Windows or MAC Operating System with mBlock software.
This course is designed to provide you a hands-on learning with mBot. After completing this course, a participant would be able to:
- Familiarize themselves with robotic components (sensors and actuators)
- Comprehend the working principles of various sensors and actuators available with mBot
- Assemble their mBot
- Create program using mBlock software to control mBot movement and sensing
- Program the mBot to create real-life robotic applications
In this beginner level course on mBot, the participants will learn:
- About Pakronics
- Fundamentals Concepts in Graphical Programming:
- Introduction to mBlock software
- Getting started with Graphical Programming
- Basic movement control of mBot
- Controlling mBot using IR remote
- Wireless control of mBot (2.4G Dongle or Bluetooth module)
- Controlling other on-board sensors / components of mBot
- Creating obstacle avoidance / autonomous movement robot
- Creating line-follower robot
- Other project ideas…
Shipping rates Australia wide
|Express Post*||Regular Post||Courier|
|Up to 500 gms||$9.79||$6.75||$15.99|
|Up to 3 kg||$15.00||$11.40||$15.99|
|Up to 5 kg||$30.00||$22.11||NA|
|Above 5 kg
||Estimated at checkout|
Shipping rates to New Zealand
|Australia Post international service|
|Up to 500 gms||$18.00|
|Up to 1 kg||$30.00|
|Above 1 kg
||Available on request|
- How do I estimate shipping for my order?
- Add products in the shopping cart and head to the checkout page to estimate the shipping.
Unless expressly agreed otherwise with you, we will not commence delivery of an order until we have received cleared payment of the purchase price in full.
All orders placed before 11 am AEST (Monday to Friday) will ordinarily be processed on the same day.
We will endeavour to ship the Products by the applicable time indicated on the website, but all times are indicative only. All shipping times are dispatch times only, and actual delivery dates will depend on the shipping method chosen, delivery address and delivery service provider.
Note- Please make a note during purchase if you require any item urgently. However we cannot guarantee that we will be able to comply with any request.
*Go to Australia post delivery time calculation to get various Australia post service in your area please use our shipping postcode Rosanna, 3074 as the "from" address - https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-times.html?ilink=tools-open-deliv-times.
We ship all products throughout mainland Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand - Including Darwin, Melbourne, Sydney, Tasmania, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, all metro and regional areas but do not deliver to areas in Australia where the Australia Post delivery network is not available.
Check Express shipping delivery coverage area at - http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-areas.html
Receipt of deliveries
Deliveries to post office boxes are not permitted where delivery is by courier. If delivery is by courier and nobody is available at the delivery address to accept delivery when delivery is attempted then the courier may either:
- leave the relevant parcel at the unattended address (the courier will do so if specified in your delivery requirements); or
- re-attempt delivery at a later time or date, in which case we may charge you an additional re-delivery fee.
Note that if a delivery is left unattended at the shipping address and is subsequently stolen then the theft is your responsibility, not ours.
mBot - Great teaching robot
I use mBot to teach robotics to Y3 -Y6 primary school students and have found this robot to have a good range of on board sensors and I/O to provide good challenges to my students. The companion mBlock software provides a familiar development environment to my students because it is an extension of Scratch. Students can progress from Scratch to robotics without learning a new programming language, they just need to get familiar with some new code blocks. The mBot robot with its cute looks just never stops inspiring my students to create!