Have you always wanted to learn electronics, but were intimidated by other books and overly-technical websites? Now you can learn the fundamentals of electronics in a fun and experiential way with Charles Platt's Make: Electronics - Second Edition!
Platt walks you through all sorts of new experiments with more than 500 full color photographs and witty illustrations. Now even includes coverage of Arduino!
Get step-by-step instructions on building working devices that demonstrate fundamentals such as voltage, amperage, resistance, inductance, and capacitance. You'll learn all of the basic components and important principles through a series of "learn by discovery" experiments. Then tackle more complex electronics concepts, including analog/digital conversion, logic gates, and integrated circuits. Along the way, you'll learn valuable tips and techniques, always with crystal clear explanations of what you're doing and why. And you don't need to know a thing about electricity to get started!
In this Second Edition:
- Completely new text throughout
- Tons of new projects and updates
- Smaller, more afforable range of components
- Start out by breaking things -- experiment with components and learn why you experience failure!
- Set up a tricked-out project space -- your own at-home work area, equipped with all of the tools and parts you'll need for the experiments in this book
- Learn about all of the key electronic components and their functions within a circuit through a series of clearly presented, well-illustrated experiments
- Create a car alarm, holiday lights, wearable electronic jewelry, audio generators, a crystal radio, and a touch-sensitive lamp
- Work with brushed DC and stepper motors to understand their principles and applications
- Learn about programmable microcontrollers by building an automous robot cart that can sense its environment and avoid obstacles.
Note: As of Thursday, October 22nd 2015, we are selling the 2nd Edition of Make: Electronics by Charles Platt.
Shipping rates Australia wide
|Express Post*||Regular Post||Courier|
|Up to 500 gms||$9.79||$6.75||$15.99|
|Up to 3 kg||$15.00||$11.40||$15.99|
|Up to 5 kg||$30.00||$22.11||NA|
|Above 5 kg
||Estimated at checkout|
Shipping rates to New Zealand
|Australia Post international service|
|Up to 500 gms||$18.00|
|Up to 1 kg||$30.00|
|Above 1 kg
||Available on request|
- How do I estimate shipping for my order?
- Add products in the shopping cart and head to the checkout page to estimate the shipping.
Unless expressly agreed otherwise with you, we will not commence delivery of an order until we have received cleared payment of the purchase price in full.
All orders placed before 11 am AEST (Monday to Friday) will ordinarily be processed on the same day.
We will endeavour to ship the Products by the applicable time indicated on the website, but all times are indicative only. All shipping times are dispatch times only, and actual delivery dates will depend on the shipping method chosen, delivery address and delivery service provider.
Note- Please make a note during purchase if you require any item urgently. However we cannot guarantee that we will be able to comply with any request.
*Go to Australia post delivery time calculation to get various Australia post service in your area please use our shipping postcode Rosanna, 3084 as the "from" address - https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-times.html?ilink=tools-open-deliv-times.
We ship all products throughout mainland Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand - Including Darwin, Melbourne, Sydney, Tasmania, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, all metro and regional areas but do not deliver to areas in Australia where the Australia Post delivery network is not available.
Check Express shipping delivery coverage area at - http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-areas.html
Receipt of deliveries
Deliveries to post office boxes are not permitted where delivery is by courier. If delivery is by courier and nobody is available at the delivery address to accept delivery when delivery is attempted then the courier may either:
- leave the relevant parcel at the unattended address (the courier will do so if specified in your delivery requirements); or
- re-attempt delivery at a later time or date, in which case we may charge you an additional re-delivery fee.
Note that if a delivery is left unattended at the shipping address and is subsequently stolen then the theft is your responsibility, not ours.