The Droidalyzer is based on the open source IOIO (pronounced “yo-yo”) development board. IOIO is a bridge between Android devices and external hardware such as sensors and servos. We left the IOIO pins open and accessible on the Droidalyzer which means it's also a full blown IOIO development board with the added features of an on-board LiPO charger, LiPO battery, header pins, included Bluetooth dongle, and mini USB board power/charging port, all pre-assembled in a laser cut, mint tin package.
IOIO enables you to add the computational power, touch display, connectivity, and built-in sensors (camera, GPS, accelerometer) of Android to your projects. IOIO can connect to any standard Android device (as early as Android 1.5) over both USB and Bluetooth. Here’s a few IOIO projects for some ideas on what you can do with IOIO.
Unlike Arduino based methods of interfacing with Android, IOIO differs in that the firmware is taken care of for you. You have full control of the IOIO pins from within your Android application code using the supplied IOIO Java-based libraries; no additional Arduino sketches are required! This significantly simplifies the process, allowing you to focus solely on your Android application code. In addition to basic digital input/output and analog input, the IOIO library also handles PWM, I2C, SPI, and UART control. The firmware is easily upgradeable using the IOIO Manager app from your Android phone.
Chances are your Android device is compatible with IOIO but we cannot be absolutely certain as each Android device manufacturer can modify the Android build. The following devices have been verified to be compatible with IOIO.
IOIO has an active community of users who can be found on the IOIO usrs forum. IOIO is 100% open-source hardware and software, with permissive royalty-free license terms.
- Four selectable characters who speak the alcohol detection results
- Options to call a designated driver or taxi after alcohol detection results
- Options for Facebook and Twitter alcohol detection results sharing
- Open source, source code here
- Doubles as a fully functional IOIO open source, development board, expandable for other projects
- Inconspicuous mint tin case design
- Mouth piece not required, keeps things sanitary when sharing among friends
- Re-chargeable 500 mAH LiPO battery
- On-board LiPO charger circuit. The LiPO battery is re-chargeable using any USB power source.
- LED indicators for charging and full battery states
- Plug and play connection support for USB (ADB), USB (Google OpenAccessory/ADK), and Bluetooth. No additional application code is required for USB or Bluetooth connectivity. The IOIO firmware and libraries take care of this plumbing for you.
- 46 total I/O pins * - featuring both open-drain, and internal pull up/down, some pins are 5V tolerant
- USB Bluetooth dongle, this particular dongle has been found to be the most compatible with Android devices. See verified devices with this dongle.
- On-board on/off switch
- Female header pins
- 16 analog inputs (10-bit)
- 9 PWM outputs
- 9 pulse inputs
- 4 UART channels
- 3 SPI channels
- 3 TWI (I²C-compatible) channels
- In addition to the headers, 19 of the IOIO pins are also exposed via solder pads for applications where sturdy/permanent connections are needed.
- On-board programmable LED (IOIO “stat” LED)
- Maximum 800mA load output
Shipping rates Australia wide
|Express Post*||Regular Post||Courier|
|Up to 500 gms||$9.79||$6.75||$15.99|
|Up to 3 kg||$15.00||$11.40||$15.99|
|Up to 5 kg||$30.00||$17.00||$25.99|
|Above 5 kg
||Estimated at checkout|
Shipping rates to New Zealand
|Australia Post international service|
|Up to 500 gms||$18.00|
|Up to 1 kg||$30.00|
|Above 1 kg
||Available on request|
- How do I estimate shipping for my order?
- Add products in the shopping cart and head to a checkout page to estimate the shipping.
All orders placed before 11 am AEST (Monday to Friday) will be processed on the same day.
Note- Please make a note during purchase if you required any item urgently.
*Go to Australia post delivery time calculation to get various Australia post service in your area please use our shipping postcode Rosanna, 3084- https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-times.html?ilink=tools-open-deliv-times.
Check Express shipping delivery coverage area at - http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-areas.html
We ship all the products Australia wide - Including Darwin, Melbourne, Sydney, Tasmania, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, all metro and regional area where Australia post delivery network is available.