Bare Conductive’s Electric Paint is just like any other water-based paint, except that it conducts electricity! This means that you can paint wires or sensors directly onto almost any material.
Nontoxic, solvent free and water soluble, Electric Paint is a great prototyping tool, and works on paper, plastic, textiles, wood, plaster, glass, and most other surfaces. Once applied the paint dries quickly at room temperature, and can be removed with soap and water.
Electric Paint can be used like any other water-based paint, which makes it great for applications involving painting, screen printing, stencilling, or even as watercolour.
For permanent applications, or to create multi-layer circuitry, Electric Paint can be insulated using standard acrylic or water-based paints. Want to make it more intelligent? Use it alongside microcontrollers like the Touch Board, Arduino, Raspberry Pi, MaKey MaKey, or LilyPad.
Put this flexible, revolutionary material in your toolbox today!
LEVEL: Beginner to Expert Engineer
If you have one of our stencils, creating the grid to connect to your Touch Board, or making your own set of crisp graphics will be easy. The following tutorial will give you a quick demonstration on how you can use our stencil with Electric Paint.
People often ask us whether they can dilute Electric Paint, and the answer is yes! However, there’s some things you need to keep in mind before you do so. Read this tutorial to find out how you can dilute the paint, and what the consequences will be.
How To Seal Electric Paint
In this post we talk about a few ways to protect the connections and sensors you’ve made with different sprays and varnishes. And don’t worry – it will still conduct!
• Paint, screenprint, stencil, spray on or apply like any other water-based paint
• Dries at room temperature in 10-15 minutes
• Must be fully dry to work
• Easily removable with soap and water
• Seal with acrylic paint or spray varnish
• Can last years if treated properly and kept dry
• Works on: paper, cardboard, wood, plastic, glass, plaster, some rubbers, textiles, etc…
• Can be painted or sprayed over for protection or multi-layered circuitry
• Can be used with conductive thread and e-textiles
• Surface resistivity approx 55 ohms/square at 50 microns layer thickness
Extensive project examples and resources at: www.bareconductive.com/make
Shipping rates Australia wide and New Zealand
- How do I estimate shipping for my order?
- Add products in the shopping cart and head to the checkout page to estimate the shipping.
Unless expressly agreed otherwise with you, we will not commence delivery of an order until we have received cleared payment of the purchase price in full.
All orders placed before 11 am AEST (Monday to Friday) will ordinarily be processed on the same day.
We will endeavour to ship the Products by the applicable time indicated on the website, but all times are indicative only. All shipping times are dispatch times only, and actual delivery dates will depend on the shipping method chosen, delivery address and delivery service provider.
Note- Please make a note during purchase if you require any item urgently. However we cannot guarantee that we will be able to comply with any request.
*Go to Australia post delivery time calculation to get various Australia post service in your area please use our shipping postcode Thomastown, 3074 as the "from" address - https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-times.html?ilink=tools-open-deliv-times.
We ship all products throughout mainland Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand - Including Darwin, Melbourne, Sydney, Tasmania, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, all metro and regional areas but do not deliver to areas in Australia where the Australia Post delivery network is not available.
Check Express shipping delivery coverage area at - http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-areas.html
Receipt of deliveries
Deliveries to post office boxes are not permitted where delivery is by courier. If delivery is by courier and nobody is available at the delivery address to accept delivery when delivery is attempted then the courier may either:
- leave the relevant parcel at the unattended address (the courier will do so if specified in your delivery requirements); or
- re-attempt delivery at a later time or date, in which case we may charge you an additional re-delivery fee.
Note that if a delivery is left unattended at the shipping address and is subsequently stolen then the theft is your responsibility, not ours.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.