Marty the Robot V2 – the walking, dancing, coding companion
The New Marty V2 makes learning about robotics and coding fun and engaging. Build your Marty, program in languages from simple blocks in Scratch to Python and beyond, learn about sensors, and expand your robot.
- A REAL WALKING ROBOT! Marty can walk, balance on one leg, sidestep, turn, dance, kick a ball and so much more.
- Interactive sensors: Motor position sensors, Acceleration tilt sensor, Obstacle sensor, Colour sensor for screen-free coding.
Coding for all abilities:
Program Marty with Scratch Junior, Scratch, Python, and even up to professional level with a Raspberry Pi and the ROS (Robot Operating System). With a camera, your Marty could play football autonomously!
Expandable & customisable:
Marty likes learning new things. Add extra sensors (temperature, noise, light and more), a camera, disco LED lights, grabbing hands, a Raspberry Pi computer, or 3D print your own custom parts.
- App & Connectivity - Marty is easy to use straight out of the box, thanks to the Marty the Robot V2 App (available on iOS or Android). Connect to your Marty in 2 minutes via Bluetooth on tablet or mobile and start programming right away!
- Programming Environments - Marty supports learning progression from screen-free to block-based coding, and all the way to text-based real-world programming language, Python. You don't even need a device to program your Marty. Younger users can control Marty using our colour cards in screenless, or unplugged, mode. Using the app, program Marty with the remote controller, in our ScratchJr-based coding environment - MartyBlocks Jr - or, for users aged 7+, we've design MartyBlocks (based on Scratch). Find out more about each coding environment on our app.
CONNECTIVITY : Bluetooth, WiFi, USB, I2C with Marty custom add-ons
MOTORS: 9 independently controllable, metal geared smart servo motors.
For even more advanced users, you can do things like adding a Raspberry Pi and camera, 3D print parts, and run ROS, the Robot Operating System
Expand Your Marty
Marty is designed to be an expandable robot platform. There are plenty of things you can do with your Marty besides just programming him.
You can also expand Marty with a Raspberry Pi computer and camera, you can on extra sensors like a distance sensor, and you can even 3D print parts for Marty!
Marty's parts are available for 3D printing at the moment. The parts that are available can be found here. You can print individual parts to customise a Marty.
Raspberry Pi & ROS
The most exciting upgrade you can give your Marty is to add a Raspberry Pi computer. This will let you run ROS, the Robot Operating System that's used widely in academia and industry, and add sensors like a camera or microphone. You can also buy Mart the Robot V2 Class set for your classroom activities.
We've created over 50 lesson plans that support the learning progression of students all the way from pre-school or kindergarten, into secondary education. Those come with teacher guides, classroom-ready presentation, student workbooks, and are all aligned to the Austrian F-10 Curriculum.
Shipping rates Australia wide
|Express Post*||Regular Post||Courier|
|Up to 500 gms||$13.09||$8||$20|
|Up to 3 kg||$16.39||$11.43||$25|
|Up to 5 kg||$32.89||$22||NA|
|Above 5 kg
||Estimated at checkout|
Shipping rates to New Zealand
|Australia Post international service|
|Up to 500 gms||$18.00|
|Up to 1 kg||$30.00|
|Above 1 kg
||Available on request|
- How do I estimate shipping for my order?
- Add products in the shopping cart and head to the checkout page to estimate the shipping.
Unless expressly agreed otherwise with you, we will not commence delivery of an order until we have received cleared payment of the purchase price in full.
All orders placed before 11 am AEST (Monday to Friday) will ordinarily be processed on the same day.
We will endeavour to ship the Products by the applicable time indicated on the website, but all times are indicative only. All shipping times are dispatch times only, and actual delivery dates will depend on the shipping method chosen, delivery address and delivery service provider.
Note- Please make a note during purchase if you require any item urgently. However we cannot guarantee that we will be able to comply with any request.
*Go to Australia post delivery time calculation to get various Australia post service in your area please use our shipping postcode Rosanna, 3074 as the "from" address - https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-times.html?ilink=tools-open-deliv-times.
We ship all products throughout mainland Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand - Including Darwin, Melbourne, Sydney, Tasmania, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, all metro and regional areas but do not deliver to areas in Australia where the Australia Post delivery network is not available.
Check Express shipping delivery coverage area at - http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-areas.html
Receipt of deliveries
Deliveries to post office boxes are not permitted where delivery is by courier. If delivery is by courier and nobody is available at the delivery address to accept delivery when delivery is attempted then the courier may either:
- leave the relevant parcel at the unattended address (the courier will do so if specified in your delivery requirements); or
- re-attempt delivery at a later time or date, in which case we may charge you an additional re-delivery fee.
Note that if a delivery is left unattended at the shipping address and is subsequently stolen then the theft is your responsibility, not ours.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.