PicoSystem is a pocket-sized handheld games console, built around Raspberry Pi's RP2040 chip (that's the little fella that's the core of a Raspberry Pi Pico). Build custom games in a cute system featuring a dual core microcontroller that can be programmed even by beginners - with a color screen and full controller setup. This handsome portable is great for folks who want to write video games or interactive art - and it can be coded in C, MicroPython thanks to Pimoroni's great tutorials and examples.
Pimoroni has taken the dual-core RP2040 to the component spa and treated it to the full works: a big chunk of flash memory (16 MB!), a vibrant 240x240 IPS TFT screen, and a nice D-pad and buttons picked out by the most particular arcade enthusiasts. There's also a piezo speaker for discreet retro bleeps and chirps and a rechargeable LiPo battery so you can take your homebrew games on the go.
The finished product looks and feels great - so Pimoroni couldn't resist going all out on the build quality by adding a custom matte black anodized aluminium case with a handy wrist strap.
The folks behind Pimoroni think RP2040 has tons of potential as an experimental gaming platform, and they're really looking forward to seeing what folks create.
- Powered by RP2040 (Dual Arm Cortex M0+ running at up to 133Mhz with 264kB of SRAM)
- 16MB of QSPI flash supporting XiP
- 1.54" colour SPI IPS LCD (240 x 240 pixels)
- D-pad and buttons
- 525mAh LiPo battery (should be good for at least 6 hours of on-time)
- Piezo buzzer/speaker
- On/off power button
- RGB LED
- CNC milled aluminum case *swoon*
- Wrist strap
- Programmable and rechargeable via USB-C (cable not included)
- Comes fully assembled.
- C++/MicroPython API
- Dimensions: 96.6 x 42.7 x 15.5mm (L x W x H, including buttons)
- There are broken-out debug pins on the PCB for if you want to program PicoSystem with an external debugger, but you'll have to remove the case (with the screws on the back) to get at them.
- If you want to have a look at PicoSystem's insides without having to take yours apart take a look at HackSpace's dissection report.
- Check out ETA Prime's review for unboxing, teardown and gameplay footage!
Shipping rates Australia wide
|Express Post*||Regular Post||Courier|
|Up to 500 gms||$13.09||$8||$20|
|Up to 3 kg||$16.39||$11.43||$25|
|Up to 5 kg||$32.89||$22||NA|
|Above 5 kg
||Estimated at checkout|
Shipping rates to New Zealand
|Australia Post international service|
|Up to 500 gms||$18.00|
|Up to 1 kg||$30.00|
|Above 1 kg
||Available on request|
- How do I estimate shipping for my order?
- Add products in the shopping cart and head to the checkout page to estimate the shipping.
Unless expressly agreed otherwise with you, we will not commence delivery of an order until we have received cleared payment of the purchase price in full.
All orders placed before 11 am AEST (Monday to Friday) will ordinarily be processed on the same day.
We will endeavour to ship the Products by the applicable time indicated on the website, but all times are indicative only. All shipping times are dispatch times only, and actual delivery dates will depend on the shipping method chosen, delivery address and delivery service provider.
Note- Please make a note during purchase if you require any item urgently. However we cannot guarantee that we will be able to comply with any request.
*Go to Australia post delivery time calculation to get various Australia post service in your area please use our shipping postcode Rosanna, 3074 as the "from" address - https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-times.html?ilink=tools-open-deliv-times.
We ship all products throughout mainland Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand - Including Darwin, Melbourne, Sydney, Tasmania, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, all metro and regional areas but do not deliver to areas in Australia where the Australia Post delivery network is not available.
Check Express shipping delivery coverage area at - http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-areas.html
Receipt of deliveries
Deliveries to post office boxes are not permitted where delivery is by courier. If delivery is by courier and nobody is available at the delivery address to accept delivery when delivery is attempted then the courier may either:
- leave the relevant parcel at the unattended address (the courier will do so if specified in your delivery requirements); or
- re-attempt delivery at a later time or date, in which case we may charge you an additional re-delivery fee.
Note that if a delivery is left unattended at the shipping address and is subsequently stolen then the theft is your responsibility, not ours.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.