Yes, this is a beautiful bright 10.1" TFT display with incredibly high resolution and great angle-visibility! We tried to get the thinnest, brightest, highest resolution display that would be good for embedded computing usage. The visible display measures 10" diagonal and is a 'raw' display as is used in a tablet, ultra thin with some mounting tabs around the edge. We include a driver board with HDMI, VGA and Composite inputs. The display is very easy to use - simply connect a 9-12VDC adapter to the 2.1mm center-positive DC jack, then connect a digital video source to one of the ports. Voila, a display!
There's a little wired PCB with little buttons that let you enter a menu system for adjusting brightness, color and contrast. It tried to auto-detect which input you have and switches to that one or you can 'select' from the menu which to display.
To demonstrate it, we took some photos with the display connected to a Raspberry Pi, but it will also work connected to any device with HDMI, VGA or NTSC/PAL output. It will not work with a device that only outputs DVI (without a DVI to HDMI converter) or SECAM.
For use with a Raspberry Pi we suggest editing config.txt to set the HDMI to 1280x800 in case it doesn't detect the resolution properly. You can see our suggested config.txt in the Technical details tab. The easiest way to edit the config.txt is to put the Pi SD card into an every day computer and edit config.txt with any text editor and save. For use with a BeagleBone black, we found it works when plugged in, no configuration required.
A power adapter is NO LONGER included. You will need to either purchase a 9-12VDC adapter or you can use one you've already got around the house.
Please note there is a thin protective plastic film on the display, which may be lightly scratched or fogged. You need to remove the film with a fingernail or plastic wedge if you want to have the most beautiful display!
HDMI/VGA/NTSC/PAL Display - 10.1" Diagonal - 1280x800 IPS (1:12)
- Driver Datasheet
- Keyboard Datasheet
- Power with 9-12VDC (recommended)
- 16:10 display ratio
- Resolution: 1280 x 800
- Brightness: 350cd/m2
- Contrast: 800:1
- We ship with a an HSD101PWW1 display, or equivalent
- Not HDCP compatible - it cannot be used with 'secured' HDMI sources
- Visible area: 217mm x 135mm 16:10
- Screen dimensions: 220mm x 139mm / 8.7" x 5.5"
- Dimensions with frame: 229mm x 149mm / 9.02" x 5.87"
- Thickness: 5mm / 0.2"
- Mounting Tab Lengths: 5.9mm / 0.23"
- Mounting Tab Hole Diameter: range between 2.1mm - 2.9mm / 0.08" - 0.11"
- Bottom Mounting Hole Distance: 62mm / 2.4"
- Top Mounting Hole Distance: 87mm / 3.4"
- Right Side Mounting Hole Distance (closer hole): 125mm / 4.9"
- Right Side Mounting Hole Distance (further hole): 130mm / 5.1"
- Left Side Mounting Hole Distance (closer hole): 118mm / 4.6"
- Left Side Mounting Hole Distance (further hole): 124mm / 4.9"
Power draw from combined display+HDMI driver when backlight is on
- 5V: 980mA (not recommended, sometimes doesn't work @ 5V)
- 6V: 780mA
- 7V: 660mA
- 8V: 575mA
- 9V: 515mA
- 10V: 450mA
- 11V: 415mA
- 12V: 380mA
Shipping rates Australia wide
|Express Post*||Regular Post||Courier|
|Up to 500 gms||$9.79||$6.75||$15.99|
|Up to 3 kg||$15.00||$11.40||$15.99|
|Up to 5 kg||$30.00||$22.11||NA|
|Above 5 kg
||Estimated at checkout|
Shipping rates to New Zealand
|Australia Post international service|
|Up to 500 gms||$18.00|
|Up to 1 kg||$30.00|
|Above 1 kg
||Available on request|
- How do I estimate shipping for my order?
- Add products in the shopping cart and head to the checkout page to estimate the shipping.
Unless expressly agreed otherwise with you, we will not commence delivery of an order until we have received cleared payment of the purchase price in full.
All orders placed before 11 am AEST (Monday to Friday) will ordinarily be processed on the same day.
We will endeavour to ship the Products by the applicable time indicated on the website, but all times are indicative only. All shipping times are dispatch times only, and actual delivery dates will depend on the shipping method chosen, delivery address and delivery service provider.
Note- Please make a note during purchase if you require any item urgently. However we cannot guarantee that we will be able to comply with any request.
*Go to Australia post delivery time calculation to get various Australia post service in your area please use our shipping postcode Rosanna, 3074 as the "from" address - https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-times.html?ilink=tools-open-deliv-times.
We ship all products throughout mainland Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand - Including Darwin, Melbourne, Sydney, Tasmania, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, all metro and regional areas but do not deliver to areas in Australia where the Australia Post delivery network is not available.
Check Express shipping delivery coverage area at - http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-areas.html
Receipt of deliveries
Deliveries to post office boxes are not permitted where delivery is by courier. If delivery is by courier and nobody is available at the delivery address to accept delivery when delivery is attempted then the courier may either:
- leave the relevant parcel at the unattended address (the courier will do so if specified in your delivery requirements); or
- re-attempt delivery at a later time or date, in which case we may charge you an additional re-delivery fee.
Note that if a delivery is left unattended at the shipping address and is subsequently stolen then the theft is your responsibility, not ours.