The JustBoom Digi HAT is a high resolution digital audio output add on board for the Raspberry Pi. Simply stack the plug-and-play add on board (HAT) onto your Raspberry Pi A+, B+, 2B or the new 3B and it will be ready to use immediately. The JustBoom Digi HAT produces an unmodified, high quality, digital audio data stream for bit-perfect transmission to your hifi system.
We?ve designed the JustBoom Digi HAT to be simple to install and use. With no soldering required and all the mounting hardware already provided this product is suitable for absolute beginners and seasoned professionals alike. Just connect your Digi HAT toexternal DAC or amplifier/amplified speakers and you can be up and running quickly, enjoying flawless high quality audio playback within minutes of setting up this Raspberry Pi HAT. We also include an optional IR receiver to allow remote control operation of yourRaspberry Pi.
The JustBoom Digi HAT Includes a 192kHz/24 bit digital audio chip with low jitter, bit perfect digital output (S/PDIF) over optical or coaxial connectors for an uncompromised high quality audio experience. The JustBoom Digi HAT includes an output transformer for full galvanic isolation between your Raspberry Pi and yourDAC on the coaxial output. The HAT uses the I2S interface for its audio input which reduces CPU load on the Raspberry Pi compared to USB solutions.
It is also powered directly from the GPIO header so no extra cables or power supplies are required to connect to the Raspberry Pi. All of the Raspberry Pi GPIO pins are still accessible on the Digi HAT for easy customisation of your project - add additional sensors, buttons, LEDs, rotary encoders or anything your heart desires. Need help understanding how this product works? Follow our product guide.
- Follow our full setup guide for assembling your JustBoom Digi HAT and Case.
- Configure the JustBoom Player software.
Use casesPairing the Raspberry Pi with a high-quality digital audio add-on board provides the perfect solution for a number of exciting projects and applications where the standard onboard audio on the Raspberry Pi simply won?t cut it. Here are some possible use cases for the JustBoom Raspberry Pi Digi HAT and your Raspberry Pi computer:
- Circumstances where you need to have your streaming audio player (Raspberry Pi in this case) located separately from your amplifier or DAC. This method is usually superior to analog since the original digital signal is maintained until the amplification step (theoretically leading to less degradation of the sound).
- Streaming (either from cloud or local network) high-definition audio player
- Multi-room audio player
- Surround sound for media centre / set-top box applications
- And many many more?.
- Dedicated S/PDIF output interface chip supports up to 192kHz / 24bit resolution
- Digital audio output over either optical (TOSLINK) or coaxial (RCA electrical) connectors
- Low jitter, bit perfect digital output
- Output transformer for galvanic isolation
- Plug and play compatibility for ease of use
- Software volume control from your Raspberry Pi
- No soldering required
- Powered by the Raspberry Pi GPIO header
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi Zero v1.3 and Wireless (and also compatible with the Raspberry Pi A+,B+, 2B,?3B and the new 3B+?(and also compatible with the Raspberry Pi Zero, but we would recommend the JustBoom Digi Zero for this purpose)
- Mounting hardware included
- Optional IR receiver included in package
- All Raspberry Pi GPIO pins still accessible via 40pin unpopulated extension header
- Fully HAT compliant
- Full driver support in Raspbian / NOOBS
- Compatible with JustBoom Player / OSMC / RuneAudio / Volumio / Moode / PiCorePlayer / PiMusicBox / OpenELEC and others
- JustBoom Player pre-configured software available on SD cards from various vendors
- WM8804GEDS S/PDIF Transceiver with 24bit/192khz and has an integrated low jitter PLL (50ps RMS)
- DA101JC high bandwidth digital output transformer for galvanic isolation on electrical (coaxial/RCA) output
- Integrated EEPROM for automatic Raspberry Pi devicetree driver configuration and fully HAT compatible
- Digital signal output over S/PDIF with either optical (TOSLINK) or coaxial (RCA) connectors
- We recommend that if you are using the coaxial/RCA output that you connect the cable shield to the ground on the DAC / amplifier you are using and make sure that the DAC / Amplifier is using a power supply with the ground pin connected. This will help to reduce noise.
- Bit perfect digital audio transmission
- Optional Vishay TSOP4838 IR receiver included in package (solder yourself if required), Also possible to use Vishay TSOP4938 or TSOP4138 or TSOP34338SS1F
- While the hardware is able to output DTS/Dolby Digital, the Raspberry Pi software is not currently able to support this. Let us know if you want to implement this and we will do our best to help
Shipping rates Australia wide
|Express Post*||Regular Post||Courier|
|Up to 500 gms||$9.79||$6.75||$15.99|
|Up to 3 kg||$15.00||$11.40||$15.99|
|Up to 5 kg||$30.00||$22.11||NA|
|Above 5 kg
||Estimated at checkout|
Shipping rates to New Zealand
|Australia Post international service|
|Up to 500 gms||$18.00|
|Up to 1 kg||$30.00|
|Above 1 kg
||Available on request|
- How do I estimate shipping for my order?
- Add products in the shopping cart and head to the checkout page to estimate the shipping.
Unless expressly agreed otherwise with you, we will not commence delivery of an order until we have received cleared payment of the purchase price in full.
All orders placed before 11 am AEST (Monday to Friday) will ordinarily be processed on the same day.
We will endeavour to ship the Products by the applicable time indicated on the website, but all times are indicative only. All shipping times are dispatch times only, and actual delivery dates will depend on the shipping method chosen, delivery address and delivery service provider.
Note- Please make a note during purchase if you require any item urgently. However we cannot guarantee that we will be able to comply with any request.
*Go to Australia post delivery time calculation to get various Australia post service in your area please use our shipping postcode Rosanna, 3074 as the "from" address - https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-times.html?ilink=tools-open-deliv-times.
We ship all products throughout mainland Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand - Including Darwin, Melbourne, Sydney, Tasmania, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, all metro and regional areas but do not deliver to areas in Australia where the Australia Post delivery network is not available.
Check Express shipping delivery coverage area at - http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-areas.html
Receipt of deliveries
Deliveries to post office boxes are not permitted where delivery is by courier. If delivery is by courier and nobody is available at the delivery address to accept delivery when delivery is attempted then the courier may either:
- leave the relevant parcel at the unattended address (the courier will do so if specified in your delivery requirements); or
- re-attempt delivery at a later time or date, in which case we may charge you an additional re-delivery fee.
Note that if a delivery is left unattended at the shipping address and is subsequently stolen then the theft is your responsibility, not ours.