Use cases for the AmpA standalone audio power amplifier card provides the perfect solution for a number of exciting projects and applications where standard audio resolutions just won?t cut it, or where you want to give an extra kick to your JustBoom DAC / DAC HAT boards. Here are some possible use cases for the JustBoom Amp:
- Compact standalone amplifier to pair with your existing DAC
- Paired with the JustBoom DAC / DAC HAT to offer all in one DAC and amplifier for a compact high-quality audio solution
- Streaming (either from cloud or network storage) high-definition audio player
- Multi-room audio player
- Media centre / set-top box living room entertainment system
- And many many more?.
- Full high-quality audio ? 192kHz / 24bit
- Stereo amplified 2 x 55 Watt peak output at 8 ohms (2 x 30 Watt RMS)
- Plug and play compatibility for ease of use ? just connect to your passive speakers
- Onboard, hardware jumpers for configuring output voltage and gain settings (jumpers could optionally be changed with switches)
- No soldering required
- Compatible with the JustBoom DAC and DAC HAT or alternatively use as a standalone device
- When stacked on the JustBoom DAC it can backpower the DAC board, and when stacked on the JustBoom DAC HAT it can backpower both the DAC HAT and the Raspberry Pi too (at the 2.5A for full Pi3 compatibility)
- Mounting hardware included
- Texas Instruments TPA3118D2DAP Class-D amplifier chip with maximum power output of 2 x 55 W ( 2 x 30 W RMS)
- On the JustBoom Amp there are five line input connections. For balanced inputs: L+ is hot line L- cold line for left channel; R+ hot line, R- cold line for right channel; middle is ground (or cable shield) connection. For unbalanced L+ is left line, R+ right line, L-, R- and gnd are ground connections and all three inputs should be shorted to same input ground.
- Dual inductors on board for footprint efficiency
- The JustBoom Amp is designed with a 2.1mm DC jack power input which can accept an 8 to 24 Volt power supply. For 8 Ohm speakers, we recommend a 24 volt power supply with at least 75 Watt output power (POWERPAX SW4527 or similar plus C5 cable). For 4 Ohm speakers we recommend a 15 to 19 volt power supply with at least 58 Watt output power (POWERPAX SW4520 or similar). These power supply guidelines will ensure maximum output performance of the amplifier. However there are other options which can be found in our power supply recommendation document. (Please note: it is highly recommended to use an external power supply. If you power the JustBoom Amp from the DAC 5v PSU or over the GPIO pins of the Raspberry Pi and do not use one of the recommended power supplies, the maximum output power will be 2 x 3 Watts)
- When stacked on the JustBoom DAC this board can backpower the DAC board, and when stacked on the JustBoom DAC HAT it can backpower both the DAC HAT and the Raspberry Pi too (at the 2.5A for full Pi3 compatibility) meaning you only need a single power supply for the entire system
- Advanced ESD protection
- Total harmonic distortion (THD+N) of 0.1 % at 25 W, 1 kHz, 21V. Signal to noise ratio (SNR) of 102 dB A-Wtd (Ref. to THD+N < 1%, f = 1 kHz, Gain = 20 dB)
- Fully configurable onboard jumpers to adjust gain (20dB, 26dB, 32dB, 36dB) and output voltage (14V and 21V)
Shipping rates Australia wide
|Express Post*||Regular Post||Courier|
|Up to 500 gms||$9.79||$6.75||$15.99|
|Up to 3 kg||$15.00||$11.40||$15.99|
|Up to 5 kg||$30.00||$22.11||NA|
|Above 5 kg
||Estimated at checkout|
Shipping rates to New Zealand
|Australia Post international service|
|Up to 500 gms||$18.00|
|Up to 1 kg||$30.00|
|Above 1 kg
||Available on request|
- How do I estimate shipping for my order?
- Add products in the shopping cart and head to the checkout page to estimate the shipping.
Unless expressly agreed otherwise with you, we will not commence delivery of an order until we have received cleared payment of the purchase price in full.
All orders placed before 11 am AEST (Monday to Friday) will ordinarily be processed on the same day.
We will endeavour to ship the Products by the applicable time indicated on the website, but all times are indicative only. All shipping times are dispatch times only, and actual delivery dates will depend on the shipping method chosen, delivery address and delivery service provider.
Note- Please make a note during purchase if you require any item urgently. However we cannot guarantee that we will be able to comply with any request.
*Go to Australia post delivery time calculation to get various Australia post service in your area please use our shipping postcode Rosanna, 3074 as the "from" address - https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-times.html?ilink=tools-open-deliv-times.
We ship all products throughout mainland Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand - Including Darwin, Melbourne, Sydney, Tasmania, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, all metro and regional areas but do not deliver to areas in Australia where the Australia Post delivery network is not available.
Check Express shipping delivery coverage area at - http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-areas.html
Receipt of deliveries
Deliveries to post office boxes are not permitted where delivery is by courier. If delivery is by courier and nobody is available at the delivery address to accept delivery when delivery is attempted then the courier may either:
- leave the relevant parcel at the unattended address (the courier will do so if specified in your delivery requirements); or
- re-attempt delivery at a later time or date, in which case we may charge you an additional re-delivery fee.
Note that if a delivery is left unattended at the shipping address and is subsequently stolen then the theft is your responsibility, not ours.